The Finance Assistant plays an important role by providing support to the Finance Department. The Assistant will be responsible for keeping accurate and detailed records of cash disbursements, cash receipts, and contributions for the Ronald McDonald House of Memphis. The Assistant will also assist the Finance Director with special events, preparation of monthly financial statements, annual budget and annual audit.
1. Provides office support to Finance Director as needed such as filing, sorting, and organizing records and preparing records for storage.
2. Checks and verifies cost accounting, accounts payable records, accounts receivables, property accounting, inventory control, prepares invoices and bank reconciliations.
3. Assist with maintaining and processing of all payroll information, personnel records and all benefits records.
4. Maintains accounting procedures and inventory control for RMH merchandise sales, produces sales reports as needed, files required state and local sales and use tax returns.
5. Analyze, reconcile and adjust general ledger accounts as assigned.
6. Use Financial Edge and Raisers Edge system to input data, generate reports and conduct specialized research projects.
7. Maintains vendor purchase order files and records and prepare 1099’s.
8. Assists in maintaining the cash management system including the timely deposit of cash receipts and the timely disbursement of vendor payments.
9. Aide in the preparations for the annual audit.
10. Reconcile development and accounting donation records to ensure accuracy. Research discrepancies and work with Development Department to make corrections.
11. Monthly reconciliations of credit card accounts & multiple monthly bank reconciliations and sales tax returns.
12. Attend and assist at various Ronald McDonald House special events.
13. The Accounting Assistant will be responsible for helping with month-end close
14. All other duties as assigned.
Candidate must be able to work in an office environment that demands high levels of concentration and attention to detail.Monday through Friday work schedule with flexibility to occasionally adjust hours to work evenings or weekends when needed for special vents (approximately 5 times per year).
Minimum Education: Associate Degree in accounting
Years of Experience: 2 –5 years
Preferred Experience: Experience in non-profit environment, Financial Edge and Raisers Edge experience.
Skills: Administrative – Excellent communications skills (oral and written), Organizational skills, focused multi-tasker, Time-management skills, and possess great attention to detail
Skills: Technical – Financial Edge and Raisers Edge, Knowledgeable in Word, proficient in Excel
Must have a Valid Driver’s License
Working Conditions: Visual concentration on computer screen.
Ability to lift 30 pounds.
Manages all facets of the Housekeeping Department ensuring high levels of guest service and satisfaction. Responsible for training and orienting new housekeepers, inspecting rooms, keeping supplies in stock and keeping supply areas neat and organized. Reports to the Facilities Manager.
This position demands good physical and mental health. The housekeeper will be required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, pull and work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends, must be able to move continuously during work hours and be able to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
1. Supervises housekeeping including hiring, firing, performance reviews, training and development.
2. Establishes and maintains cost control systems for staffing, linen inventories and cleaning supplies. Keeps up with inventory of lines, kitchen supplies and cleaning supplies.
3. Enforces policies and procedures.
4. Schedules staff according to labor standards and house needs. Fills in when staff are absent, to include covering nights and weekends if staff is absent.
5. Monitors and maintains level of cleanliness in rooms, common areas, housekeeping laundry room and storage areas.
6. Responsible for ensuring kitchens are stocked with pots, pans, dishes and all other kitchen wares as needed.
7. Inspects bedrooms after housekeeping has completed the deep clean. Works with housekeepers on any discrepancies. All bedrooms are double inspected after cleaning.
8. When the need arrives performs all Housekeeping cleaning duties as needed.
9. Must handle various cleaning solvents, chemicals, etc. Must comply with all regulations such as OSHA, EPA, State Health Department, etc.
10. Maintains and stores cleaning equipment in clean and safe condition; reports to Facilities Manager any equipment repair needs.
11. Display a positive attitude towards families and co-workers, dealing with them in a courteous and professional manner.
12. Notify Facilities Manager concerning the need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment.
13. Punctual and regular in attendance.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
• Must be able to pass a background check
• Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 lbs and work in a standing position for long periods of time
• Deal with guests and staff with tact and courtesy.
• Display a positive attitude towards guests and co-workers, dealing with them in a courteous and professional manner.
• Plan and organize the work of others.
• Change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
• Minimum Education: Ability to read, write and comprehend verbal and written instructions, bilingual a plus
• Minimum Experience: 3 years housekeeping supervision experience
• Bilingual candidates strongly desired
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.