Local 24 and CW30, the Nexstar Media Group duopoly in Memphis, is searching for a sales SUPERSTAR! This is a great place to be and our people love to work here. If that’s the kind of atmosphere that you want, then you need to be armed with creativity and a “can do…go get’em, never say die” attitude everyday. We provide the tools and environment to achieve an unlimited income. You just need to be ready to offer the best ideas and creative solutions across our television and digital platforms. We need the next member of our team to bring brilliance, ability, passion and commitment.
Workers’ Compensation Compliance Specialist 1
The TN Bureau of Workers’ Compensation is looking for a Bachelor graduate with two years’ experience in administering insurance or workers’ compensation claims, or conducting investigations, or construction service experience.
You will have an opportunity to grow and develop your skills, gain work experience and serve others. You will also be given the opportunity to become a notary public.
What’s in it for you:
- Immediate access to State benefits
- Growth and Development Opportunities
- Collaborative Environment
Requirements Are Simple:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree AND experience equivalent to two years of full-time work in one or a combination of the following: administering insurance or workers’ compensation claims; or conducting investigations, or construction services experience.
- Substitution of Education for Experience: Additional qualifying experience as described above may substitute for the required education to a maximum of four years.
- Candidates must be eligible to become a notary public
- Possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license with a safe driving record.
- You will perform computer based research and maintain accurate file documentation such as activity notes electronically.
- Perform onsite inspections to evaluate factors that deal with non-compliance.
- Prepare investigation reports for review to assigned attorney to determine compliance/non-compliance and to determine assessment and/or legal action.
- You will provide answers to questions about compliance with Workers’ Compensation Law.
- Communicate with parties in-person or by telephone, fax, email and/or written correspondence during the course of an investigation to obtain information needed to determine the appropriate outcome of the investigation.
- Follow the established policy and procedures of the Bureau for investigations of possible non-compliance.
- You will evaluate records created or obtained from various sources to determine compliance with Workers’ Compensation laws.
- You can educate employers, employees, insurance professionals, CPAs and other professionals on compliance with Workers’ Compensation laws.
- Investigate referrals and other inquiries to determine compliance with the Workers’ Compensation laws.
- May assess, negotiate and collect penalties in accordance with Bureau policies and procedures associated with non-compliance of the Workers’ Compensation laws and Rules and Regulations.
- Document activities and results of investigations in accordance with program protocols.
- If assigned, initiate specialized investigations related to fraud.
- You will complete Expedited Request for Information related to the Uninsured Employers Fund benefit, if assigned.
Salary Range and Schedule:
- Depending on experience you may earn $3,053-$4,883
- Full time schedule 37.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday
- State car that is assigned to the office will be used, if available, to travel around assigned area
- Position is located in the Memphis metropolitan area
Apply by sending your resume and a copy of your certification or transcript by May 8, 2019 to: Amanda.Terry@tn.gov
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.
Executive Director, Statewide Independent Living Council of Tennessee, Inc
The Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC) of Tennessee is announcing a vacancy for an Executive Director to provide administrative leadership for the organization.
The SILC Executive Director reports to the Statewide Independent Living Executive Council and is responsible for all aspects of the program as authorized by the SILC. This includes administrative responsibly ranging from policy and procedure formation and implementation; review and analysis of legislation as it pertains to Independent Living programs; billing and budget balancing; approving expenditures of grant monies; and recruiting and supporting leadership development of the SILC board and committee members. Salary is based on experience. To be eligible to apply for this position an applicant must:
· Possess strength in strategic thinking, program and finance administration, knowledge and understanding of Persons with Disabilities, ADA, and the Independent Living philosophy.
· Have the ability to forge strong relationships with council members, the public and community partners, and to facilitate board meetings.
· Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
· Be able to foster teamwork and progress toward a stated vision
· Have exceptional writing and verbal skills, knowledge of Microsoft office, QuickBooks, and Social Media
· Be able to travel statewide (TN)
· Possess a strong emotional intelligence that aids in effective problem solving and the ability to manage multiple priorities
The Statewide Independent Living Council of Tennessee, Inc is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, color, creed, pregnancy, national or ethic origin, age, disability, military services and its policies, employment, programs, services or activities.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: April 26, 2019 Send resumes to: Info@SILCTN.org or SILCChair@silctn.org
Career Opportunity: Maintenance Mechanic : Continuous Internal/External Posting (04.16.19 – 04.23.19)
Event at Hickory Hill American Job Center: Staff Management Wednesday, April 24, 2019 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Event at Hickory Hill American Job Center: Provide Staff Tuesday, April 30, 2019 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Event at Hickory Hill American Job Center: Versant Supply Chain Tuesday, April 23, 2019 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Progressive Service Company Seeking Quality Employees.
No Experience Necessary.
Salary potential: up to $30,000 yearly
Benefits of Being on Our Team:
Positive Work Environment. PSH Cleaning Service serves some of Memphis’s most prominent and interesting people. You will meet lots of people and the scenery changes every day! Great Benefits. We offer a generous bonus package, 401k, paid vacation, and you get your carpets cleaned for free!
Excellent Pay: You can make a very healthy income with us. Various incentives will be available to you so that you just about write your own check!
Personal Growth: We will teach you how to be the best you can be. Our company intensely studies and impliments the teachings of Howard Partridge. He is known worldwide as a speaker and authority in the cleaning industry. You will stay energized and pumped up learning his systems. PSH Cleaning Service is a learning organization that is committed to education.
Must be at least 18 years of age. Must have a valid Tn. driver’s license with a clean driving record. Must have a clean background (PSH Cleaning Service runs thorough background checks on all candidates before hiring). Must be able to perform the physical duties required if applying for labor position. Must be willing to provide our clients with the “Most Enjoyable Service Experience Ever” (we will thoroughly train you how to do that!)
How to Apply:
We only accept applications in person. No phone calls. Come to our office between the hours of 9:00am and 1:00pm., Tuesday thru Friday. We are located at 5640 Summer Ave. That is one mile west from Sycamore View (we are on the right.)
PSH CLEANING SERVICE
5640 SUMMER AVE. SUITE 1
MEMPHIS, TN 38134
Girls Scouts Heart of the South is looking for an entry level think outside the box, creative team member with demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships at all levels and to collaborate with Girl Scout Members (girls ages 5 – 17), volunteers, community stakeholders and GSHS staff. Must have prior leadership development experience either as a student or a leader. We are accepting applications for a full-time leadership specialist to work in the fast-paced environment at the Memphis Leadership office.
The leadership specialist is responsible for:
· Implement various leadership programs serving girls and adults
· Conducting leadership training for elementary through high school ages
· Implementation of leadership initiatives and programs
· Civic engagement programming and other leadership development opportunities including programs for girls of all ages (5 – 17)
Must have experience in integrated social marketing and be confident forming strategic relationships with local partners. Experience in leadership training and background in marketing, communications is preferred. Send resume to Melanie.email@example.com.
· Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are needed as are presentation and training/teaching skills.
· Must be devoted to fostering leadership in girls.
· Meeting facilitation skills
· Confidence doing trainings and working with ages K – 12 and adults
· Must be high energy and hands on with projects
· Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and priorities
· Experience in public speaking
· Good time management skills.
· Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
Repair Tech 1 Requirements (pay rate $13.50): JOBS4TN.gov Job order# 770887
- Understands the properties of electrostatic discharge (ESD) and maintains a safe environment for handling components sensitive to these properties.
- Understands the properties of lithium ion batteries and maintains safe practices and a safe environment for handling these components.
- Reads, understands, and follows all documented procedures and instructions and stays up-to-date with all changes relevant to repair technicians.
- Reads, understands, and verifies reported failures, identifies and differentiates found failures, and develops repair plans to address all failures both reported and found.
- Evaluates product and reviews for conformance with documented visual mechanical inspection criteria.
- Addresses non-conformances with documented visual mechanical inspection criteria.
- Performs actions identified in the repair plan and successfully addresses all reported and found failures.
- Performs repetitive tasks with standard and specialized tools on small subassemblies.
- Records required information on all repairs and discrepancies in the shop floor system.
- Properly handles small components, cables, connectors, and easily damaged finished surfaces with care, a light touch, and finesse.
- Effectively task-switches and maintains process flow and performance with the levels of quality and efficiency required by the program, meeting or exceeding all key performance indicators.
Repair Tech 2 Requirements (pay rate $15.50): JOBS4TN.gov Job order# 770889
- Meets or exceeds all requirements as identified for Repair Tech 1.
- Has advanced computer electronics debug and repair experience of at least 1-3 years.
- Is currently employed in a related field and demonstrates stability in employment and education history.
Repair Tech 3 Requirements (pay rate $17.50): JOBS4TN.gov Job order# 770890
- Meets all requirements as identified for Repair Tech 2.
- Has highly advanced computer electronics debug and repair experience of 3 years or greater.
- Assists Repair Tech 1 and Repair Tech 2 with process and quality issues.
Provides training assistance, validation, and mentorship to Repair Tech 1 and Repair Tech 2
Freelance Field Researchers – Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation
The Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation (Levitt Foundation), a national private foundation based in Los Angeles, is conducting on-site surveys at permanent outdoor Levitt music venues, including the Levitt Shell in Overton Park located in midtown Memphis, beginning this June. The
survey fielding effort will be conducted by a team of 4 field researchers who collect surveys during 2-hour shifts at 12 to 16 outdoor concerts throughout May, June and July.
This is an excellent opportunity for students to learn about audience research and evaluation methods specifically related to free, outdoor concerts and community events.
Concerts occur Thursdays through Sundays. Fielding session schedules will vary and will require researchers to be available for evening and weekend hours. Depending on weather conditions, some fielding sessions may need to be rescheduled to another evening. Dates for each fielding session, including back up dates to accommodate inclement weather, will be provided upon the interview.
• Collect surveys according to a detailed methodological protocol
• Provide the Field Research Coordinator with daily fielding reports
• Manage on-site fielding supplies, including fully-charged tablets, tracking sheets, name tags, etc.
• Respond to emails and calls from the Field Research Coordinator in a timely manner
• Communicate with a representative of the Levitt Shell, as needed
The candidate should be a responsible, organized, prompt, and detail-oriented individual with excellent inter-personal and communication skills. Ideally, we are seeking freelance field researchers, undergraduate or graduate school students who have a background in the social sciences and/or experience with on-site survey collection.
The ideal candidate will also:
• be knowledgeable of the Levitt Shell mission and its programming
• be proactive in approaching potential survey respondents
• be comfortable working in diverse communities and cultures, including those traditionally underrepresented in the arts
• have the ability to “think on your feet”
• be extremely reliable with a positive, friendly attitude
• be able to stand for long periods of time
• maintain a professional, neat appearance Continue reading
The Sous Chef will be responsible for assisting with the direction and oversight of all culinary operations in the hotels continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, the Sous Chef would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the Food & Beverage Director in the direction and oversight of all culinary operations, to include, but not limited to, preparation and production of all hotel meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulation, team member productivity and performance, implementation of policies and procedures, cost controls and overall profitability
- Create and implement menu selections for special banquet themes and events based on current food trends and regional tastes in partnership with the Executive Chef and Director of Food and Beverage, as needed
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, training, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward.
- Must be able to work a very flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
PSC Staffing ….Scheduled Job Fair for PSC Staffing at the American Job Center May 2nd 2019. ( Walnut Grove Road location )
Job hiring event that is taking place at Agricenter International, 777 Walnut Grove Road , Memphis, TN, 38120. Please review the attachment and post in your respected area.
- Learn valuable job skills in the provided training
- Work hands on with persons with intellectual disabilities in a residential setting
- Teach activities of daily living
- Engage in community participation
- Help with skill building
- Solve problems
- Transport in company vehicles
- Manage challenging behaviors
- Document using state of the art applications
For a meaningful career helping others.
You must be 18 years of age or older with a valid drivers’ license.
- Bi-Weekly Pay at Competitive wages
- Opportunities for advancement
- Offering Insurance Benefits-Health, Dental, Disability, Life
- Provide company vehicles
- Bonuses available
See full description and apply online at: www.indevcare.com/careers
Looking for a start to your Career? We are hiring for Warehouse Production Associates!
No skill needed for these positions, just a strong work ethic, and clean background check
Job duties include: -working with tools such as saws, nail guns, and tape measure in crating department. -Cutting, measuring, and grinding, sheet metal, copper tubing, and scrap metal, and measuring for accuracy. -testing components for defects, etc.
Must be willing to work overtime, some weekends, and be on time and dependable.
***This position is in Moscow, TN off of HWY 57, with room for growth, and a start to a longtime career. Raises are given at hire date, and at 6, 12, 18, 24, and 36 months. ***
Starting pay is :
$10.50 – 1st shift 6:30 am until finish
Machinist (CNC/Mill and Lathe)
Pay rate will be based on experience and negotiated with the company. Ranges are below:
Machinist I- $19.50-$25.52
Sr. Machinist – $25.00- $32.00
Relocation package is offered based on miles traveled.
Over 500 miles- $5,000
Under 500 miles- $3,000
Diversified advanced medical technology business that supports healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries to improve the quality of life for their patients. We have leadership positions in Orthopedic Reconstruction, Advanced Wound Management, Sports Medicine and Trauma:
Applicants are asked to:�1. Please print and fill out this form: https://bit.ly/2N2q4bM?2. Bring in the form to apply in person Monday through Friday from 12pm – 5pm at Farm Burger Memphis. (1350 Concourse Avenue #175, Memphis, TN 38104).
|Personal trainer / Beginner Dance instructor
Will you translate this:
We are hiring men to train to teach in our busy Ballroom, Latin, and Social dance studio. No teaching or dance experience required.
The owner has 3 decades of teaching experience, has been named & awarded top teacher in business & dance many times, and started with no ballroom or Latin dance experience.
See the pictures? Do you see what’s missing? More men. We have plenty of women!
Call (901) 371 9393 to set up your interview. 376 Perkins Extended
PSC Staffing is hiring for a company located in the East Memphis area.This is a temp to hire position.Will be required to work 1st shift hours 8:00 am until finish with mandatory Saturdays and overtime if needed. Must have a flexible schedule to stay before and after the normal shift hours. Requirements to apply:
Must have 2 forms of id
Must have a clear criminal record
Must pass a drug screen
Must have forklift experience-order picker/reach/ basic sit-down
Must be a team player and have no issue helping in all departments
Must have steel toe boots
Must be able to lift over 100 lbs
Please call (901)794-6144 if you have any additional questions
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.25 /hour
Please contact our office at 901-794-6144. Must have 2 valid forms of id to apply.
Interested applicants may forward a resume and appropriate credentials to:
Finch-Henry Job Corps Center
Attn: Human Resources
Visit our website at https://serratocorp.com
The accounting assistant will be responsible for assisting with all activities related to accounts payable which include but not limited to account reconciliations, invoice entry, and bill payment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Major Accounts Payable Responsibilities
Entering invoice data into QuickBooks
Analyze invoice and billing discrepancies in a timely manner
Maintain accounts payable files.
Assist with compiling data for invoicing.
Assist with reviewing, and auditing expense reimbursement reports
Assist with other accounting related projects as needed
Assist with managing A/P inbox
Work independently, establishing work priorities with minimal input.
Performs others duties as assigned
Education: Associate’s degree or higher in an accounting or finance related field preferred.
Experience: 2 years of related experience in accounting or bookkeeping required
Computer Skills: High level of proficiency with Excel required. Experience with QuickBooks Desktop, and Microsoft Outlook, strongly preferred
Apply Directly through our website at:
Janitorial – PT Dock Worker (2p-6pm) flexible
Call (901) 692-0360 to schedule an interview
or mail resume..Please call for address
Paid driver needed by Independent Transportation Network Memphis, a non-profit that provides rides for seniors 24/7.
This is an independent contractor position where you drive your own vehicle. It is part time. Schedule must be flexible.
Email and GPS required.
Please include phone number in reply. Call/text 901-833-7666 and leave message.
If interested: https://www.itnmemphis.org/
|Job Title & Description||A technician at Meineke should have experience in diagnosing repair work needed and repairing brakes, exhaust, tire installation, and oil changing. We specialize in exhaustive car repair but those are the most frequently requested.
We are looking for dependable, skillful, reliable technicians that are ready to work!
Bring your skills and let’s talk!
|Contact Procedures (How the applicant should apply for the position.)||Applicants may call the store at 901-744-3800 or dial 901-674-3800 to speak with or leave messages for the owner. Applicants may also email the owner at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.|