Looking for Employment Opportunities in the Health Care Field?
SRVS CAREER FAIR
Hiring Full-Time, Part-Time, and PRN Direct Support Professional Positions
Date: Monday, March 2, 2015
Location: SRVS, 3971 Knight Arnold Road, Memphis, TN 38118 (901-312-9914)
Time: 10:00a.m. – 2:00p.m.
SRVS will be conducting on the spot interviews for the position of Direct Support Professional. We are looking for energetic applicants who can provide supports to people with disabilities. Applicants must have community connections and a caring and compassionate personality. Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background, drug test, and have a valid TN, AR, or MS driver’s license with an endorsement to transport.
Transport endorsement information : TN – F-Endorsement = http://www.tn.gov/safety/driverlicense/classf.shtml AR – P-Endorsement = http://www.dmv.org/ar-arkansas/special-licenses.php MS – D-Endorsement = http://www.dps.state.ms.us/driver-services/new-drivers-license/commercial-operator-license-classes-a-b-c-d/
Application deadline: Until filled
Duration: 3 months
Shifts: Mornings, afternoons, nights, weekends
The Neely Agency has immediate internship openings for graphic design students who are eager to test their skills and gain experience in this exciting industry. We are looking for motivated, ambitious, self-starting young professionals who are seeking to expand their knowledge, push the envelope of career possibilities and gain an edge in the graphic design, public relations, publicity and event planning industry. The Intern will work with us from conceptual idea through design, layout, and creation of high-quality digital and print artwork. This position is responsible for producing marketing and advertising material as well as trade show support materials. The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of visual style with exceptional graphic design skills specific to print and digital communications media.
Students selected for the internship will receive a monthly gas stipend and a $500 stipend at the completion of the internship. You must also receive academic credit for this position and you must complete the entire internship to receive the $500 stipend.
You must be:
- A college student with at least a 2.0 overall GPA
- Able to receive college credit for this internship
- A candidate with a terrific attitude who can work well with a team as well as independently
- A creative self-starter who can work well under constant deadline
- Able to multi-task
- A sophomore, junior or senior
You must have:
- A cell phone that connects to the internet and takes photo/video for social media assignments
- Access to a personal laptop
- Access to a camera if it applies to your position
- A sense of humor
- Discretion (we don’t need people talking about our clients outside of the work-place)
- Some knowledge of celebrities
- Graphic and web design software
Preferred but not required:
(Those these are not required you must be able to get back and forth to the office on your own to make your shift and assignments.)
- Your own car
- A driver’s license
A note to applicants: At least one year of experience in your major is preferred but not required. We are willing to train and work with those with an open and willing mind. Know-it-alls need not apply.
Basic Qualifications for all interns: Students must have exceptional PowerPoint and presentation building skills, good oral and written communication skills; Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of quality and attention to detail. Students must also have excellent time and resource management skills.
Graphic Design: Students will assist with creating and developing marketing, advertising and promotional designs. They will also:
- Assist with creating and developing sales, marketing and executive presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Provide artistic and creative guidance to functional areas regarding established branding standards for use of images, symbols, trademarks, colors, etc.
- Keep current with emerging design techniques, trends and any developing technology
- Complete all responsibilities within established guidelines, objectives and deadlines
- Must be knowledgeable of Usage of Graphic Design Software and Web Design Programming.
Social Media: Students will help manage social media accounts by creating a social media seeding calendar for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Bezzirk and Vine. They will also do live updates for different events and television shows and create engaging content for social media posts.
Learning more about large-scale event planning: Students will assist in event planning, set up, and take down of The Neely Agency events in the weeks, days before, of and after the expo. Students will also create content to help market events.
Job Location: Memphis, TN, United States
To Apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, contact information, and at least three clips/samples of your work relevant to the internship you are seeking. The subject line should say: Awesome Internship. Do not attach a cover letter.
Please note that applications without a résumé and samples will not be considered. You must be a resident of Memphis, Tenn. or currently living in Memphis, Tenn. for school to apply and participate.
Note: As a Neely Agency News intern, The Neely Agency and its affiliates retains all rights to the work you produce as part of your internship. This internship is for academic credit only. You MUST provide paperwork from your school at the start of your internship with instructions on how we can help you receive academic credit as well as proof of enrollment for the existing or upcoming academic year.
City of Bartlett Job Openings
Under the leadership of the Senior Director of Contracts; the Case Manager will be responsible for employment coaching and advocating for persons with disabilities.
The Case Manager will work closely with Project Managers and Supervisors to identify candidates to work on the government contracts, with a special emphasis on hiring candidates that are disabled.
The Case Manager will evaluate, develop and implement individual support plans and goals to assist with meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and other barriers to employment.
The Case Manager will be responsible for monitoring employee performance and maintaining required documentation mandated by the government.
The Case Manager will ensure that persons with disabilities are given an equal opportunity to succeed by assisting with reasonable accommodations and plans to help support employment.
Other duties may be assigned by the Senior Director of Contracts.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
The on-line application system will be open at 9:00 a.m. February 26, 2015.
Applications are only accepted on-line at www.fritolayemployment.com .
- Under general supervision, develops account sales and delivers products to various stores (i.e. grocery, convenience, schools, gas stations, etc.) within the designated route area.
- Driving delivery truck in and out of the distribution center. . The type of truck will vary by route and zone needs, up to and including a 24’ box truck. .
- Performs inventory for product cases in truck, loading and unloading products to and from truck and delivering product cases to customer locations, may use a 2-wheel dolly or other rolling product equipment.
- Displays product on display racks in customer accounts (Store Door Delivery). May create signs and displays on product. May be required to build displays of various sizes and heights.
- Empties product cases, flattens, loads back on truck and returns to the Distribution Center.
- Responsible for communicating and selling product promotions, displays and maintaining key locations in high traffic areas within customer locations.
- Ensures target goals are maintained for sales, waste and safety. Maintains daily paperwork and cash flow integrity.
- Directly impacts the sales process having continuous contact with customers. Decision-making is extensive, which is governed by policy and guided by procedure while focused on daily operations.
- Previous sales experience a plus. Able to read, write, communicate in English.
- This is a full time position, averaging 50 hours a week, days off will vary depending on route type, hour may vary, and position may require early more starts in order to accommodate vendor requirements.
- This position requires working in all weather conditions.
- A “clear” driving record for the past (3) years is required. A CDL license is not required.
- This position analyzes situation accurately, taking effective action; following written and oral instructions; organize and coordinate work; collect, chart and interpret statistical data, calculate mathematical equations, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, analyze and problem solve, communicating tactfully and effectively, working independently in absence of direct supervision; ability to work under narrow time constraints; while maintaining effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment
- This position requires passing a pre-employment sales aptitude test, background investigation of work history and criminal check, a drug test and a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical.
- This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
- Ability to climb, push/pull, bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods. This position is classified as medium work. It involves frequent lifting, up to 15 pounds. On occasion, lifting of 40 pounds may be required. Position requires frequent reaching, pushing/pulling, and use of fingers.
- Ability to see (depth perception, near acuity and far acuity), hear, lifting 15 – 40 pounds
Current Shelby County Government vacancies have been updated and posted on the WEBSITE: https://jobs.shelbycountytn.gov
|HUMAN RESOURCES POSTING DATE: Tuesday, February 24, 2015|
|JOB #||JOB TITLE||DEPARTMENT||CLOSE DATE|
JOB TITLE: Property Maintenance Technician
DEPARTMENT: Housing /Facilities
STATUS: Full time
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SUMMARY: The Friends For Life Corporation Property Maintenance Technician will be responsible for safely maintaining the physical condition and daily appearance of all agency owned and/or operated by Friends For Life.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Perform, with good workmanship, all assigned maintenance projects in a timely manner. Perform electrical repairs such as outlets, wall switches, and light fixtures, circuits, ceiling fixtures, and ceiling fans. Perform plumbing work, such as cleaning pipe clogs, replacing fittings, stopping leaks. Repairing or replacing toilets, hot water heaters, kitchen and bathroom faucets, and feed lines, P-traps, washers, seats and stems. Perform HVAC services such as cleaning condenser units, changing filters, repairing or replacing thermostats. Repair or replace as necessary, glass, tile, carpet, fixtures, blinds, locks, doorknobs, and hinges. Paint interior surfaces as directed. Perform carpentry work as directed. Make minor concrete and masonry repairs as directed. Responsibility for proper usage of maintenance material and stock control, reporting possibility of shortages to supervisor before depletion. Carry out preventative maintenance for all agency properties according to established PM schedules. (Monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual). Assist as requested with regular inspections, reporting all violations, discrepancies and damage, including those incurred in contract services, during scheduled building checks, apartment move outs and move-ins and regular work routine. Ensure that all maintenance has been performed to prevent failure of Habitability Standards inspections or other Code inspections. Perform minor refurbishment of all apartments prior to occupancy.
Complete service repairs requested by residents of apartments. Perform monthly plumbing inspections in all apartments. Maintain community grounds, common areas and parking lots of all FFL properties. Provide supervision to all outsourced contractors performing work on agency properties. Have working knowledge of all utility and alarm cutoffs and clean outs. Follow agency bidding protocol for work that has to be outsourced. Submit bids within 10 days of report. Keep accurate records on maintenance request forms noting date and time completed and any unusual incidents regarding maintenance requests. Submit on a daily basis completed maintenance request forms. Maintain and secure all general area supply rooms. Have proper insured transportation, available for carrying out requested work on a timely basis. Ensure compliance with standard safety programs and procedures. Insure that all agency facilities and properties are locked and secure to prevent loss of agency resources. Follow agency purchasing procedures. Must comply with all OSHA and agency safety policies at all times.
Click here for complete listing Friends For Life Property Maintenance Technician 2-2015 and application Friends for Life Employment Application .
Posted: Feb 24, 2015 3:33 PM CST &amp;amp;lt;em class=”wnDate”&amp;amp;gt;Tuesday, February 24, 2015 4:33 PM EST&amp;amp;lt;/em&amp;amp;gt;Updated: Feb 24, 2015 3:33 PM CST &amp;amp;lt;em class=”wnDate”&amp;amp;gt;Tuesday, February 24, 2015 4:33 PM EST&amp;amp;lt;/em&amp;amp;gt;