POSITION: CNI Project Manager (Grant Funded/Durational)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Position Summary: Will provide a wide range of services in support of the day to day management of the South City (SC) Choice Neighborhoods Implementation Program. The Transformation Plan is primarily funded under HUD’s Choice Neighborhood Initiative (CNI) for the transformation of the Foote Homes public housing development and surrounding neighborhood.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the Director of Special Projects and the Executive Director. Organizes, plans, develops and implements a comprehensive plan to manage the project scope, schedules, and budget for a delivery of successful program goals;
- Engage in regular communication and coordination of CNI activities with the City of Memphis Division of Housing and Community Development’s liaison to the project;
- Develop detailed work plans and program budgets, including identifying and utilizing outside funding sources to implement program objectives consistent with the Choice Neighborhood Grant. Report on progress toward meeting work plan goals and budget;
- Provide day to day supervision of the SC Implementation Working Team to ensure that all phases of the work are on schedule and within budget and all leveraged resources are used effectively and efficiently;
- Serve in an advisory capacity to staff and other officials on matters pertaining to the community redevelopment initiative.
- Provides assistance in scope and budget development ensuring appropriate critical elements of such documents conform to standard guidelines and receive the appropriate levels of review.
- Works closely with the developers, contractors, and other partners to ensure compliance with policies and other regulatory procedures
- Represents MHA in the community on a daily basis addressing stakeholder concerns and resolving issues as they arise
- Attend community, special interest group/stakeholder concerns and resolving issues as they arise,
- Coordinate with other neighborhood planning efforts; attend relevant City Council and Committee meetings; and Executive Committee meetings as requested or appropriate.
- Work extensively with community-based organizations, stakeholders, public and private partners and philanthropic organizations, to strategically coordinate the investments in South City
- Engage, serve as a point of contact and manage all third party professional consultants engaged in various aspects of the CNI,
- Coordinate the services and activities of key implementation entities as the impact the neighborhood in an effort to efficiently and effectively advance revitalization efforts.
- Through collaboration with key partners, ensure that CNI’s active projects are being implemented in a timely manner, meet CNI program and partner requirements and ensure adherence to all agreements.
- Anticipate potential challenges in the execution of the CNI activities and prepares and executes alternative plan to ensure the agreed upon program outcomes are achieved.
- Collect and analyze data for planning, tracking and ongoing improvement of the South City neighborhood and for the coordinating data collection with other key partners involved with the Transformation Plan
- Ensure contract compliance with all HUD, Federal, State, and Local Government laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Perform other job related tasks and duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Urban Affairs, Urban Planning, Public Administration, Real Estate Development or related area of study with a minimum of five (5) years of related work experience. Proficiency in community redevelopment and cultivating public private partnerships; Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills; ability to cultivate and maintain effective relationships with government, business, political and community leaders; Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals from various racial, cultural, ethnic backgrounds, Ability to manage a high workload, multiple projects, and competing priorities, Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and an ability to work well under pressure, High ethical standards and values, Knowledge of local, state and national policies, issues and best practices regarding community re-development and affordable housing; Ability to gather, analyze and synthesize data; Strong computer skills; demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and other software programs.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The primary work performed will include making routine visits to an active construction site to attend weekly construction meetings, to monitor the progress of the physical redevelopment activities and attend other team meetings. Will require walking, standing and must be able to lift and or move up to 20 pounds.
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume and salary history to: Memphis Housing Authority, 700 Adams Ave., Memphis, TN 38105 Attn: Human Resources Department, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00p.m M-F. All applications/resume must be received by 4:00 p.m. on June 27, 2016.
Notice To Applicants: Felony records will be reviewed and drug testing shall be required prior to employment. A physical examination limited to job-related necessity may also be required. Testing for some positions, oral and/or written, may be administered based on job-related functions.
MEMPHIS HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Appointments will be based on qualifications related to the position requirements without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or handicap.
Candidates accepting employment with MLGW must live and maintain their residence within the boundaries of Shelby County, Tennessee within six months of their employment date. EOE M/F/D/V
To apply for positions listed above, please visithttp://www.davidsonhotels.com/careers/Current-opportunities.cfm and choose Sheraton Memphis Downtown
For more information about Sheraton Memphis Downtown please visit: http://www.sheratonmemphisdowntown.com/
Clarion Security will be having a job fair at the AgriCenter on Tuesday June 28, 2016 between 9am and 2:00pm for unarmed security officers for all shifts and supervisory and lead officers who can work second and third shifts including weekends for a distribution customer.
Candidates must come dressed appropriately there will be on the spot first interviews, bring a resume and a valid driver’s license to apply.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods
- Must be 21 years or older
- Be able to clear a criminal background check
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have reliable transportation
- Possess at least average technology skills (smart phone)
- Read, write and speak English
- Pass a comprehensive drug test
- Clean professional appearance
- Good verbal and written skills
- Must either have a security license or complete training and application and fingerprints to the State of TN within 14 days of hire.
Veterans and retired police officers encouraged to apply.
Volunteers Wanted for a Research Study
Work, Activism, and Meaning in Life-
We are interested in learning how work, choice, confidence, and activism impact meaning in life. We are looking for adult participants of diverse employment statuses (e.g., employed, unemployed, underemployed), age 18 or older. Your participation would take about 15-20 minutes of your time and would consist of taking an online survey. Participants may enter a drawing for a chance to win one of five $20 gift cards to Amazon.com (about a 1 in 40 chance of winning).
If interested, please visit the URL below. If you have any questions, you may contact the researcher, Dr. Melissa Fickling, Assistant Professor in the Department of Counseling, Educational Psychology, and Research at email@example.com.
To learn more and to participate in this study, go to: https://memphis.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0evAfFiZn3vvnlr
LABOR DOULA WORKSHOP | Memphis, TN | July 22nd & 23rd, 2016
ProDoula Labor Doula Workshop
This 2 day, 20 hour hands-on, comprehensive workshop is the first step on the career path to becoming a Certified Labor Doula. This workshop will prepare you with the practical skills necessary to provide labor support to women and their families, the entry level business skills you’ll need to get started and the level of confidence it takes to make it all happen.
This 20 hour workshop must be attended in its entirety. Cost for this 2 day intensive course is $595 plus your first year membership fee of $75. Annual membership fee for each subsequent year is $50. (ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE) To register visit us at www.prodoula.com or call (914) 400-3494
For Complete Schedule and Information: ProDoula LABOR TRAINING FLYER Memphis
POSTPARTUM DOULA WORKSHOP | Memphis, TN | July 24th, 2016
ProDoula Postpartum Doula Workshop
This one day hands-on, comprehensive workshop is the first step on the career path to becoming a Certified Postpartum Doula. This training will prepare you with the practical skills necessary to provide postpartum support to women and their families, the entry level business skills you’ll need to get started and the level of confidence it takes to make it all happen.
This 9 hour workshop must be attended in its entirety. Cost for this 1 day intensive course is $395 plus your first year membership fee of $75. Annual membership fee for each subsequent year is $50. (ALL FUNDS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE) To register visit us at www.prodoula.com or call (914) 400-3494
For Complete Schedule and Information: ProDoula POSTPARTUM TRAINING FLYER Memphis
Needing a job?? We have the following positions available general labor, landscapers (**Bartlett/Cordova area**) and certified forklift operators. Pay starting from $8.00 and up. If you are interested please come see us at:
3731 South Mendenhall Rd.
Memphis, TN 38115
Must have 2 valid forms of ID to apply.
Teach901 hosts June Job Fair to boost applicants for 16-17 positions
June 16, 2016 — Teach901 will host a job fair on Wednesday, June 22nd at the Salvation Army Kroc Center from 6-8pm. Teach901 job fairs in 2016 have brought approximately 676 new applications into the Memphis teacher pipeline. More than 100 positions remain to be filled for the 2016-17 school year. Recruiters from public and charter school networks will be in attendance, as well as representatives from licensure and residency programs. Job seekers should register at Teach901.com.
Educators can also view job openings on the Teach901 Job Board.
What: Teach901 Job Fair
When: Wednesday, June 22, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Where: Salvation Army Kroc Center, 800 East Parkway South, Memphis, TN 38104
Teach901 is a collaborative effort to rewrite the future of an entire generation by recruiting and retaining driven and effective teachers to serve in the city’s progressive urban education reform movement.
City of Memphis job opportunities for Wednesday, June 15, 2016:
- HRMS Support Assistant Human Resources
- Signal Technician Engineering Division
Apply Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/memphistn
Title: QUALITY TECHNICIAN
Apply To: All external candidates must click on the link to apply: Quality Technician – Memphis
The Quality Technician will be responsible for functional testing of remanufactured product; testing and reporting on returned (RMA) products and analyzing other product and processes in the facility. The candidate must be a self-starter with the capacity to formulate a plan and execute the plan with input from other teams throughout the facility. The candidate must follow analysis protocol and report on results to upper management as well as teams outside the Memphis facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and instruct teams to perform internal audits.
- Collect, sort, and report data on performance metrics of key internal manufacturing, distribution, and repair processes.
- Collect, sort, and report data on performance metrics of incoming supplier quality.
- Create structured procedures, work instructions and flow charts of internal processes and activities.
- Investigate and identify the root cause of quality problems with suppliers and internal operations. Develop effective corrective actions to address issues. Investigate order issues within SAP.
- Make necessary equipment quality repairs and adjustments
- Other duties may be assigned on an as needed basis.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proficient with using computers and Microsoft Office applications and SAP.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be focused on customer satisfaction.
- Must have good writing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Able lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Electronics background preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a technical environment desired.
- Previous working background in a Quality Assurance or Quality Control environment.
- Previous working experience with ISO-9001, ISO-14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards.
- Previous working experience with Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) preferred.
- Ability to work alone or as a team
Neopost USA’s Six Key Behaviors
Neopost USA actively seeks candidates who are:
- Customer Centric
- Team Oriented
The position is a regular full time job with full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the candidate.
Neopost USA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Neopost USA
Neopost USA provides mailing, communications and shipping solutions. For generations, we have worked with our customers to prepare, deliver and manage their customer communications in the most secure, efficient and professional manner possible. As businesses increasingly move to digital communications, we continue to help our customers communicate – whether in traditional mail, digital communications or packages. All of this is provided by a network of sales and service professionals providing sales, supplies and service to their customers. For more information on Neopost USA, visit http://www.neopost.com/en .