1633 Madison Avenue Memphis, TN 38104 (901)726-6404 (901)726-6521[fax]
Salary Range: $25,000 (Min.) 30,000(Mid.) 40,000(Max) as funding supports
Job Title: OFFICE MANAGER=Bookkeeping, Human Resources, Building oversight
This position reports directly to the Assistant Director.
Job Description Summary:
The Office Manager provides supervision to clerical staff, acts as Bookkeeper and Human Resource officer. The Office Manager assists the Directors with office building upkeep and vendor negotiation for maintenance. Additionally this position acts as Human resources management for employment records, benefits and all records security and policy updates. In the bookkeeping portion of position this individual is responsible for the security, maintenance and provision of all financial practices of MCIL including; payroll, accounts payable and receivables.
Bookkeeping 60 points
- With the use of QuickBooks and appropriate MCIL budget, maintains, executes, and documents all MCIL financial transactions including but not limited to; bills, deposits, petty cash, payrolls
- Using appropriate procedures and accounting guidelines, maintains deposits and Federal drawdowns.
- Reconciles all banking accounts and credit cards monthly and with accountant prepare financial reports for MCIL Board and Assistant Director.
- Prepares necessary documentation for reimbursable funds as required under grant contracts
- Assists with the preparation and completion of annual fiscal audit, working with the Assistant Director, auditor and accountant
- Calculate and prepare checks or direct deposit of MCIL semi-monthly payroll, bi-weekly PAS payroll and payment of corresponding liabilities: taxes, insurances, etc.
Human Resources 25 points
- Maintains, updates and reports on needed changes in any of the employee benefit packages.
- Serves as the State Preparer for the staff medical benefits: Responsible for staff medical files, reports any change in premiums or coverage. Attends mandated benefit coordinator trainings, teleconferences, etc.
- Responsible for collecting employee time sheets, absence reports and maintaining employee leave records. Works with staff to prevent any loss of annually accrued leave.
- Prepares, updates and maintains all personnel files and records including but not limited to: I9, Ws, data sheets, emergency information, insurance, resume’, employment application, confidentiality statements
- Submits and updates employee status with State of Tennessee
- Prepares and submits all required payroll information for annual payroll audit, unemployment insurance needs as well as workers compensation
Other Office Management 15 points
- Works with Administrative team to; maintain minutes (Board meetings, Staff trainings, and committees), review and update policies, procedures, and their manuals or handbooks, job descriptions, evaluation process, training needs or budget changes.
- Assists Directors in maintaining all appropriate business licenses, tax exempt status, operational insurance and general business needs ie; security team – mandates
- Is responsible for the supervision of the clerical staff : keep front desk covered during all business hours
- Assist in the management or oversight of office maintenance; building, supplies and equipment
- Other duties as needed to support the mission of MCIL and assigned by Assistant Director and/or Executive Director.
H.S. diploma or GED plus a minimum of four years’ experience in a responsible bookkeeping or HR position.
Individual must be able to effectively manage office activities and have excellent PC skills. Must be knowledgeable of QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel (spreadsheets), and database entry skills a plus. Must have a high degree of accuracy and be keyboard proficient, must be able to communicate well orally and in writing. Must be familiar with Human Resource laws and regulations
Good people skills necessary, knowledge of the Independent Living philosophy a plus.