Memphis Grizzlies Job Opening
|Title:||Coordinator, Community Investment, Education|
Manager, Community Investment
The Coordinator, Community Investment is responsible for creating and implementing educational programs to ensure compliance with the NBA’s community programming mandate. The position will build an awareness and excitement for basketball within our educational and community systems, and assist the organization in “giving back to the community”
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, organize and implement all educational programs including: Read to Achieve, Grizzlies Reading Challenge, Grizzlies Stay In School Challenge, Grizzlies Reading Time Out, Educator of the Month, etc.
- Serve as primary contact with the NBA to ensure compliance with educational programming requirements.
- Organize and facilitate: team, player, management and other special appearances and speaking engagements for educational programs.
- Organize Grizz, Grizz Girls and Street Team appearances for educational programs.
- Write and formats educational content for the community section of the Grizzlies website.
- Manage, writes, and edits the Grizzlies Annual Report.
- Attend community programs on budget.
- Track and prepares updates on all educational programs initiatives and provides information to the Director, Community Investment.
- Serve as primary contact for local school systems.
- Other related duties as required.
Required Skills, Experience & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in a related field.
- 1 – 2 years of experience in creating and managing community programs and special events.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and the internet.
- Knowledge of professional sports and sports philanthropy preferred.
- Familiarity with non-profit organizations and development.
- Familiarity of charitable programs, initiatives, outreach and organizations in the Greater Memphis and Shelby County area.
- Coordinate Grizzlies Black History Month in arena recognitions.
- Ability to produce creative and relevant written materials for a variety of publications.
- Ability to build relationships in order to develop and mentor personnel.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to interact with all types of people, including staff and management, professional and elite athletes, members of media, senior government officials and corporate representatives and children.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to balance major priorities on a daily basis.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and passion for the NBA basketball.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings, as required.