DeNeuville Learning Center
Program Coordinator Position: FT
The Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating operational facets of the DeNeuville Learning Center’s (DLC) services to women and children to ensure that the mission of DLC is accomplished.
Responsible to: Executive Director
- Registers women for the services they request, confers with instructors, prepares class schedules, update them as necessary throughout the year
- Develops and facilitate training for instructors, staff and volunteers
- Maintains databases
- Develops and implement classes for the community in general
- Notes maintenance needs and communicates with Executive director
- Prepares or assists in preparation of proposal for funding and/or funding continuation from outside sponsors, assist in meeting with individuals to seek donations, and assist with program fundraising events
- Confers with staff, volunteers, students and others to provide problem solving assistance, answers to questions relate to daily activities and refers to appropriate person when unable to respond.
- Coordinates activities of the program with inter-related activities and events, staff and volunteers to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with appropriate policies, procedures and specifications.
- Prepares periodic reports on program activities, progress, status or other special reports as requested by the Executive Director
- Assist with periodic program evaluations and recommends appropriate actions
- Recruits program participants and volunteers utilizing most appropriate promotional or marketing methods, such as individual letters, brochures or presentations at meetings.
- Develops and writes communications and promotional literature for distribution such as newsletters, brochures or flyers; coordinates process from writing through printing and distribution.
- Develops and facilitates workshops, meetings or conferences; coordinates logistics, scheduling and participant communications.
- Interacts and maintains liaison with students, faculty, staff and outside/community agencies in facilitating program objectives.
- Works side by side with Executive Director
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Adult Education
- Computer/software skills
- Skill in organizing work of self and others.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds effectively
This position requires a person with energy, creativity, a person dedicated to helping women develop the skills they need to lead a successful life and a person interested in promoting the growth and well-being of others and of the community and a person who is willing to embrace and model the values of DeNevuille Learning Center/House of the Good Shepherd of Memphis.
Bachelor’s degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two years administrative/coordinator program experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Send resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.