Part-time Administrative Assistant Job Announcement and Description
Knowledge Quest, an urban based non-profit is seeking high-level administrative assistant.
Interested persons should submit: a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and three professional recommendations to: email@example.com by April 3, 2013. No phone calls please.
Mission: To Vigorously Equip Youth to Maximize Their Potential through Intellectual and Character Development
Job Title – Administrative Assistant
Location: Knowledge Quest Administrative Office in Memphis, TN, located at 590 Jennette Place
Status: Part-time Regular, Exempt/hourly Position
Reports to: Executive Director
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a grant-funded position and continuation is dependent upon resources.
TYPICAL WEEK: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm Monday – Friday; some Saturdays and evenings may be required.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides high-level administrative support by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative projects of a multifaceted face-paced operation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains workflow by aassisting with all aspects of administrative management; implementing cost reductions; and developing reporting procedures
- Maintain procedures manuals to ensure consistent performance of routines
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Compose business correspondence
- Support the management of the volunteer and donor database
- Check deadlines on incoming requests, put preliminary work in play, arrange essential mail in priority action order
- Assist with maintaining executive director’s appointments/meetings calendar and when he chairs meeting; prepare agenda in advance, arrange meeting facilities, act as recording secretary; prepare action minutes
- Maintain reception area by greeting visitors, screening for business purposes and arrange amenities as needed
- Data management/tighten storage/retrieval systems; designs filing systems ( hardcopy and electronic) and ensures that these systems are up to date
- Arrange travel, prepare itinerary, trip file, supplies, prepare expense report tools, and complete expense reports after trip
- Other duties as assigned
Human Resources Support
- Responsibilities may include screening telephone calls, scheduling interviews, researching the Internet to locate potential job candidates, scanning resumes
- Assisting staff with hiring, orientation, training and termination of staff, interns and volunteers
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: At least a 1-year certificate program from a vocational college with training in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Access, Excel, and Visio) and ten years of profession experience are required. An Associate of Applied Science in Office Administration with five years of relevant experience is preferred.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, sensitivity to confidential matters and the ability to work well with all levels of staff, business groups, and benefactors
- Clerical: Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology
- English Language: Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
Knowledge Quest’s policies, programs, practices and procedures for hiring and employment adhere to all Local, State and Federal laws.