Job Title: Retail Store Donation Coordinator
Reports To: Food Resource Manager
Positions Supervised: None
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Salary Plan: NM
Pay Grade: I
Hours: 8:30a.m. – 5:00p.m. Monday – Friday
Additional as needed
Job Summary: Duties include calling on retail grocery stores in support of the store donation program, educating store personnel on their program’s donation guidelines, attending store meetings and store training sessions, monitoring and reporting donation progress to store managers, district managers and program coordinators, and managing the donor recognition program.
- Identify target stores by retail account.
- Provide personal follow-up and recognition for retailers.
- Create and routinely implement an onsite visitation plan.
- Create a store donation toolkit for each retail chain, to be used when visiting stores.
- Create and maintain a key contact data base, with follow-up correspondence on a consistent basis.
- Process blue receipts.
- Work with Agency Relations to establish a process for managing agencies participating in the SDP.
- Work with drivers and warehouse staff to ensure stores are ready for driver pickups and are following donation guidelines.
- Work with Donor Relations to recognize retailers where applicable.
- Prepare weekly activity report on donor visits and store-level interactions.
- Maintain working relationships that ensure the success of Food Bank programs. This includes maintaining positive interpersonal relationships with donors, vendors, agency representatives, Food Bank management and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred – Associates or Bachelors degree.
- Minimum of three years sales experience (preferably within the food and grocery industry) or culinary/hospitality sales.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with emphasis on relationship building.
- Computer skills including Microsoft office and the ability to maintain accurate and legible records.
- Motivated self-starter with a strong external customer focus.
- A high degree of personal initiative to anticipate needs and solve problems.
- Acceptance of philosophy of food banking.
Our mission is to fight hunger through the efficient collection and distribution of wholesome food, education and advocacy.
Our vision is creating a hunger-free Mid-South.
Collaboration Stewardship & Accountability Innovation Integrity
Diversity Urgency Service Respect
Apply in person: 239 South Dudley, Memphis, TN 38104, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
NO PHONE CALLS. Only those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.