MINACT, Incorporated-Finch – Henry Job Corps Center
821 Highway 51 South ~ Batesville, MS 38606
Phone 662.563.4656 ~ Fax 662.563.4654
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (INTERNAL/ EXTERNAL POSTING)
SECURITY OFFICER p/t
|Department: Security||Reports To: Security Sergeant|
|Classification: Non-Exempt||Salary: Contact Human Resources|
|Job Code – 33-9032||Dates of (1ST) Posting: 10/21/2013 – 10/28/2013|
Implements the policies and procedures required for Center Security in a humanistic and professional manner. Secures from harm, theft or misuse the grounds, property, students and personnel of the Center.
- Conducts assigned investigations, including collection and preservation of all evidence and information pertinent to any breach of security, safety and practice or law.
- Develops any leads related to students’ misbehavior through investigations and contacts.
- Photographs and secures the scene of any serious incident and conducts a search for physical evidence.
- Labels, identifies and preserves all physical evidence obtained at a crime/incident scene in order that it may be presented in a competent court of law, if necessary.
- Interrogates suspects and interviews witnesses concerning the alleged commission of an incident or crime, when necessary.
- Prepares a complete and precise report of the incident, upon the completion of an investigation.
- Patrols assigned posts and premises.
- Reports to designated authority all infractions of rules/regulations and violations of local or state laws and information pertinent to a crime or incident.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with students.
- Assists in the training and development of students assigned to the Security Cadet program, when needed.
- Describe goals, performance expectations and standards, and articulate how their individual performance supports the admission, career preparation, career development and career transition of students.
This posting does not list all the duties assigned to the job.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s Degree preferred. One year experience in military/industrial security or fire prevention required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Effective Verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE:
|OFF||OFF||1:00am – 8:00am||1:00am -8:00am||OFF||OFF||4:00pm – 12:00am|
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATIONS:
A valid Regular Driver License is required.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest with an updated resume to their local Human Resources Manager by COB, October 28, 2013. Your application will not be considered if you fail to meet the required deadline.