REGIONAL EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Leading Educators develops teacher-leaders in order to raise student achievement and retain talented educators in high-need schools. We aim to ensure that public education successfully trains its middle managers, thus retaining our best teachers and bolstering the pipeline of future principals.
Our flagship program is a two-year Fellowship program where teacher-leaders engage in frequent leadership development sessions, and strengthen their ability to coach and provide feedback to other teachers. Results from the 2011–2012 school year show that students of teams led by New Orleans Fellows grew 12 times more than their counterparts across the district while students of teams led by Kansas City Fellows grew 5 times more than their counterparts across the district.
Leading Educators also offers Strategic Support Initiatives (SSI), customized teacher leadership development consulting to districts, charter management organizations (CMOs), and non-profit organizations. This contract-based work may include delivery of training modules; teacher leader recruitment, selection, and retention consulting; train-the-trainer projects; and evaluation consulting. For example, this year Leading Educators partnered with Houston Independent School District to implement a Teacher-Leader Pathways pilot for over 60 teacher-leaders across 20 schools.
Leading Educators has trained over 160 teacher-leaders in programs in New Orleans, Kansas City, and Houston, and is currently launching programming in Washington, D.C. Building on success in these regions; Leading Educators is assembling an ambitious team to expand the program nationally. The work is fast-paced and entrepreneurial; the expansion model aims to serve 12 regions by 2016.
Leading Educators develops teacher-leaders in order to raise student achievement and retain
talented educators in high-need schools. We aim to ensure that public education successfully trains its middle managers, thus retaining our best teachers andbolstering the pipeline of future principals.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience with an emphasis in education
- Minimum of 3 years of leadership experience including staff recruitment and development
- A bachelor’s degree and a passion for constant learning
- Previous K-12 teaching and/or leadership experience preferred
- Experience as part of an entrepreneurial venture preferred
- Commitment to creating outstanding schools in support of social justice and educational equity
- Experience implementing adult programmatic curriculum
- Experience in the non-profit sector
- Ability to work with ambitious timelines for accelerated launch in an entrepreneurial environment; committed to meeting organizational deadlines
- Knowledge of successful grant writing and donor cultivation/management processes
- Capacity to create systems which support regional programming, fellowship and staff development and financial management
- Dynamic interpersonal and people management skills
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills with attention to accuracy
- Excellent project management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail within the context of the larger strategic goals
Fluency in Microsoft Office applications required; strong database skills, familiarity with Salesforce a plus; social networking and marketing experience highly desirable
|LOCATION:||Memphis, with occasional travel to the national headquarters in New Orleans, Louisiana.|
|COMPENSATION:||Salary and benefits will be competitive, commensurate with experience.|
|TO APPLY:||Please complete the online application here:
Leading Educators is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, or natural origin.
Visit http://www.leadingeducators.org for more information about the organization.