Orientation for USPS to be held March 26, 2014, from 8:30-9:30 am at the WIN/TN Career Center, 480 Beale Street.
This will be an informational session regarding the positions for which they are recruiting, and also, regarding the process for applying as the positions are posted to their website. All interested parties should attend.
USPS is hiring for the following positions, as well as others:
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Maintenance Mechanic MPE
- Building Equipment Mechanic
See their website for additional information or to apply, www.usps.com/employment.
The USPS job fair in Memphis will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on March 27 at the boardroom in the historic Central Station downtown.
The pay ranges from $18.94 and may go up to $25.01 per hour, depending on the position.
- A written exam is required – Maintenance Exam 955. Instructions regarding the exam process will be sent via email once the candidate successfully submits an online application.
- Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the Postal Service’s requirement to be drug free.
- Applicants must also be a U. S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident alien, or a citizen of a territory owing allegiance to the United States.
- For positions requiring driving, applicants must have a valid state driver’s license, and demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record.