Monthly Archives: March 2014
Raleigh United Methodist Church
3295 Powers Road (Corner of Coleman & Powers) 38128
Tuesday, April 8, 2014 9am to 1pm
Information @ www.raleighumc.org Go to jobs to find companies, hints, etc.
These Companies are tentatively scheduled to be present at the JOB FAIR:
- Aflac Insurance
- American Income
- Barnhart Crane
- Blues City Brewery
- CVS Pharmacies
- City of Memphis
- Gibson Guitar
- Goodwill Industries
- Ingram Micro
- Joint Electric Apprentice Ass’n
- Regional Medical Center (The Med)
- Methodist Hospital MLGW
- Memphis Fire Department
- Regions Bank
- RGIS Inventory
- Shelby County Sherriff’s Office
- Support Solutions TransAmerica Insurance
- State of Tennessee Human Resources
- State of TN Dept. of Corrections
- Wesley Housing
- G4S Security Kelly Services Workforce Investment Network Lowes Hardware
- Memphis College of Art
Job Fair Interview Tip : Ahead of the JOB FAIR, go Online and apply to the companies you wish, so that at the Job Fair, you can tell them you have recently applied to their company OnLine !!
Go to our Job Fair Tips page for plenty of tips and advice for a more productive job fair experience.
Raleigh United Methodist Church has undertaken as one of its missions, to help those in need of employment during these times of high unemployment. To accomplish this task Raleigh UMC has conducted job seminars in how to fill out job applications, job interview skills, how to fill out resume’s and other job hunting skills.
In addition, Raleigh UMC operates a job placement office at the church on Monday through Wednesday, 9:00 am to 12:00 Noon. The office is there for all job seekers, and is a FREE service to employers. The office is staffed by willing and hard working volunteers some of whom have previous Human Resource experience.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
Position Title: Administrative Assistant (Families in Transition) Reports To: Director of Families in Transition
Position Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Agape is seeking an Administrative Assistant for our Families in Transition (FIT) program. As the Administrative Assistant for FIT, this successful candidate must respond to a wide variety of routine and non-routine requests and demands. This position requires excellent communications skills and the ability to process information in an effective and professional manner. This position must provide superior secretarial, administrative, and organizational support. In addition to performing above-average administrative functions, this candidate must be able to assist in ongoing work and specific tasks. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for working on moderately complex assignments where experience and skills provide the basis for a significant amount of self-direction, including the ability to prioritize multiple work assignments. This person will ensure that the design of the agency’s Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) works properly.
Education & Experience Requirement:
Associates Degree Preferred. Minimum of 2 years work experience in a professional office environment setting; Prior experience working in a related field with ability to maintain confidentiality and security required. Candidate must be culturally sensitive with a passion for helping others. Must have a valid driver license and own a vehicle with proof of auto insurance. Prospective candidate must pass computer skills test with 80% proficiency. Candidate must be willing to engage in Agape’s Performance Quality and Improvement (also known as Continuous Quality Improvement) standards of quality & excellence.
TO APPLY: Send detailed résumé with references to: Agape Child & Family Services, Inc. Nichole Love, BBA, Office Administrator E-mail: Nichole.Love@AgapeMeansLove.org
Title: Project Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director of Memphis Shelby Crime Commission
Memphis Shelby Crime Commission is a nonprofit agency that spearheads Operation: Safe Community (OSC), a public safety plan to reduce crime in Memphis and Shelby County, The public safety plan has 26 strategies and 62 action items that engage 100 partners representing local and state government, nonprofits, the private sector and faith based agencies. MSCC is a pillar agency of Memphis Fast Forward and has a distinguished board of directors composed of public and private sector representatives. The board oversees the public safety plan and works to make Memphis and Shelby County a safer place to live.
The Project Coordinator supports the executive director in the development, refinement and implementation of OSC crime strategies. The position is an integral member of the MSCC team responsible for coaching partners on how to achieve short and long term outcomes to reduce or prevent crime. The Project Coordinator in collaboration with law enforcement, government, private sector and community based agencies utilizes data- driven decision management to reach full implementation. The Project Coordinator is the lead staff for the Department of Justice Forum on Youth Violence activities and works with the executive director to ensure these efforts are aligned with OSC plan and board priorities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as primary liaison and implementer for all projects generated through the Department of Justice Forum on Youth Violence including attending national meetings/conferences, producing monthly reports, and coordination of peer city visits or special local meetings hosted by the Forum.
- Assists the executive director in fundraising and drafts project proposals, grants and RFP’s,
- Prepares partner meeting summary and materials for core teams
- Tracks the progress and quality of work being performed by partners using project scheduling and control tools; and produces agency quarterly reports
- Effectively and accurately communicates relevant project information to the partners and project team
- Represents the agency at selected events or meetings
- Coaches community based agencies on how to utilize data to reach desired outcomes
- Supports agency marketing efforts through scheduling of media interviews, providing information to external clients and updating the website.
- Keeps the executive director informed on a regular basis about project status and issues that may impact donor, board or partner relations.
- BA degree required. Masters in Social Work, Criminal Justice, Marketing or Public/Business Administration is a plus.
- Track record of working with teams and multisector stakeholders to achieve results
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Three years of demonstrated experience working with a comprehensive planning or community initiative that engages private or governmental leaders.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have reliable transportation daily to travel within the city and to travel within the state and out-of-state on occasion.
- Performs other duties as delegated.
Salary Range: $55,000-$60,000 plus standard benefits.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: YFleming@memphiscrime.orgno later than March 26.
The Memphis Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta is inviting your male youth to attend Memphis EMBODI Conference on Saturday,March 29, 2014. The Conference is designed to Empower Males to Build Opportunities for Developing Independence. The Conference will offer exciting workshops, interactive sessions, and opportunities for the young men to network with some of the most influential men in the Memphis metropolitan area. The program will focus on youth in grades 7 through 12.
The Memphis Alumnae Chapter is hopeful that you will join the effort to strengthen our communities and work with our youth.
Please contact Janice Hansbrough-Eason at (901) 301-8257 or email@example.com
Courtesy Care In-Home Care Services
We specialize in providing CNAs to seniors throughout Shelby County who need assistance with their ADLs. We are in need of CNAs or those who have patient care experience for our available positions. These positions require applicants to have;
- A valid Driver’s License
- SSN Card
- CPR/First Aid (optional)
- License or Certification (optional)
- TB Skin Test
- Reliable transportation
Full time/ Part time
For those who are interested please call 901-313-0044 to schedule an interview.
Kendall Howze. HR Specialist
Courtesy Care In Home Care Services
6099 Mt Moriah Rd. Exd. Ste. 9A Memphis, TN 38115
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.courtesycareinc.net
Orientation for USPS to be held March 26, 2014, from 8:30-9:30 am at the WIN/TN Career Center, 480 Beale Street.
This will be an informational session regarding the positions for which they are recruiting, and also, regarding the process for applying as the positions are posted to their website. All interested parties should attend.
USPS is hiring for the following positions, as well as others:
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Maintenance Mechanic MPE
- Building Equipment Mechanic
See their website for additional information or to apply, www.usps.com/employment.
The USPS job fair in Memphis will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on March 27 at the boardroom in the historic Central Station downtown.
The pay ranges from $18.94 and may go up to $25.01 per hour, depending on the position.
- A written exam is required – Maintenance Exam 955. Instructions regarding the exam process will be sent via email once the candidate successfully submits an online application.
- Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the Postal Service’s requirement to be drug free.
- Applicants must also be a U. S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident alien, or a citizen of a territory owing allegiance to the United States.
- For positions requiring driving, applicants must have a valid state driver’s license, and demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record.
Kelly Services/Nike is currently hiring for the positions of Pickers, Packers, Raymond Reach Forklift Operators, Painters and Maintenance Techs.
We need applicants immediately.
Kelly Services address’ is 1769 Paragon Pl. Memphis, TN 38132.
Our Kelly Service employees are paid weekly and receive benefits at our Nike stores which is a very good incentive. We are expanding and would like to give people the opportunity to get back to work.
Our positions are 1 year assignments with 1st and 2nd shifts available at our Shelby Drive and Northridge locations. We also offer Part-time positions at our Nike/ Shelby Drive Location.
SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (OUTSIDE SALES)
Clear Channel Communications, Inc. is the world’s largest radio and outdoor advertising company with leading market positions in each of its two business segments: Radio and Outdoor. Clear Channel is also one of the most innovative media players in the market – a leader in the converging media space, developing the best-in-class integrated media offers (e.g. Radio/Web) and building significant positions in the HD arena.
The Account Executive is responsible for building relationships and selling Clear Channel assets as marketing solutions. The role objective is to achieve revenue targets and services goals while helping clients meet key business challenges. Successful candidates must be motivated, enthusiastic, self-starters who are able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
Memphis – 38118
• Develop new leads by cold calling and obtaining face to face appointments.
• Attain new business accounts and sponsorships.
• Generate revenue and meet sales targets.
• Establish, maintain and grow relationships with client base and agencies.
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with corporate, advertising and public relations communities.
• Solicit funding for broadcast and non-broadcast projects, special events, web streaming and other off-air projects.
• Develop presentations to corporations and agencies designed to sell marketing solutions.
• Maintain an organized format on each sales call, covering all important topics: client marketing analysis, target consumer needs, benefits sought, assignments and follow-up.
• 2+ years prior experience in successful sales role.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills.
• Professional appearance and strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to design, deliver and execute marketing strategies and presentations.
• Prior demonstrated prospecting experience through cold calling, networking and meeting functions.
• Proven track record of reaching sales targets
Please visit ClearCareers.com to upload your resume and apply for this job.