MTM HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
The Following Position Opens Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Hourly Wage: $19.39
CLOSING DATE FOR ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS:
Monday, April 21, 2014 Time: 4:00 p.m.
Inspect, repair and service all MATA vehicular equipment.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Job Functions:
- Repair and replace diesel and gasoline engine accessories as may be required.
- Repair and replace bus and automotive body accessories (door engines, electrical units, glass, windshield wipers, seats, wheelchair lifts, etc.
- Rebuild engine parts and other bus parts such as brakes, alternators, differentials, etc.
- Repair all MATA vehicles (gas and diesel) including repairs to air conditioners, motors, transmissions, generators, starters, etc.
- Make road calls by driving a wrecker or bus.
- Trouble shoots vehicular problems including electrical systems, engines, etc.
Other Job Functions:
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
Other: Must have six years’ experience in the repair of diesel and gasoline engines and in troubleshooting automotive and bus electrical systems. Possess standard mechanical hand tools, and must be experienced in the use of tools to perform mechanical work. Must be able to read and understand maintenance manuals, fuel buses and prepare work cards and orders for vehicle repairs. Must have an EPA 608 Air-Conditioning Certification. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Environment: Extensive walking and standing, lifting a maximum of 50 lbs. and lifting parts and materials overhead is required. The ability to withstand exposure to negative surroundings such as uncomfortable weather conditions, dust, engine fumes, toxic chemicals and extreme noise levels is required. The ability to steer vehicles using the hand-over-hand method and to grip a steering wheel is required. Must be able to crawl or stoop into tight areas or lay horizontal under a vehicle. The ability to hear directions given, to distinguish vehicular problems associated with trouble shooting repairs, and to visually perform essential functions is required for satisfactory job performance.
Miscellaneous: Must be willing to work shift hours and days as assigned. Work records of current employees will be reviewed for satisfactory performance and minimum qualifications.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED Monday – Friday BETWEEN 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM AT:
American Way Transit Center – 3921 American Way
North End Terminal – 444 North Main at Auction
or Apply Online at http://matatransit.com/AboutUs/career-opportunities/ .
QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE MTM HUMAN RESOURCES DEPT.
MATA’S WEBSITE IS MATATRANSIT.COM
The above description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions, and set forth the requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
MTM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY M/F/H/V EMPLOYER AND PROMOTES A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE.