City of Memphis Division of Parks and Neighborhoods
City of Memphis Summer Camp 2014
Summer Camp was a big hit with our kids last year and the Division of Parks and Neighborhoods is gearing up for an even better 2014 Camp.
Early Registration is Saturday, April 12th, 9:00am until 12:00 noon at all Memphis Community Centers.
- Early Registration: April 12 (9:00 a.m. – 12:00 Noon)
(all Community Centers)
- Regular Registration: May 10 (9:00 a.m. – 12:00 Noon )(where space is available)
- Late Registration: June 7 (9:00 a.m. – 12:00 Noon ) (where space is available)
(At all centers where capacity has not been reached.)
Note – Parents may register Monday – Friday at available sites during operational hours beginning after Early Registration until the end of the first full week of camp.
It is highly suggested that parents and guardians register their children early to guarantee spots in summer camp. Spots are available on a first come first serve basis. Some sites may fill up during early registration and therefore will be unavailable during regular registration.
Over 2,100 campers are expected to attend 25 camps throughout the city this year, including one camp for special needs. Campers will participate in recreational, athletic, and educational activities, as well as attend field trips. The campers will be exposed to various activities such as arts and crafts, playground games, cultural arts, musical expression, and health and fitness programs.
Camp is open to children ages 5 to 12 years old and a Teen Camp will be held for ages 13 to 15 years old.
Dates: June 9th – July 25th
Hours: 8:30a.m. – 4:30 p.m, Monday – Friday, except Friday July 4th (in observance of Independence Day)
City of Memphis resident fee: $162.00 per child or $81.00(discount rate) per child on verified government assistance.
City of Memphis non-resident fee: $324.00 per child
Early Arrival Fee: $35.00 for 1 child and $55.00 for 2 or more children
Parents that enroll their child(ren) during early registration have the option to pay in full and have a guaranteed spot or pay half of total fees and have a guaranteed spot for 30 days. Balance of partial payments must be received on or before regular registration May 10, 2014.
Payment is to be made in money order or cashier’s check only and made payable to the City of Memphis. No cash will be accepted under any circumstances.
Only parents/guardians only will be allowed to register campers and must provide a Driver’s License or State ID for themselves along with a birth certificate for the camper. Legal guardian documentation must be provided. Government assistance documentation must be provided to receive the discount rate (Food Stamps (SNAP), AFDC, Social Security, or Disability for child).
Residency must be supported with 2 of the following documents in order to receive the regular rate:
- *Bert Ferguson 8505 Trinity Rd, 38018 901-309-1761
- Bickford 233 Henry, 38108 901-527-8752
- Charles Powell – Westwood 810 Western Park, 38109 901-785-5975
- Cunningham 3773 Old Allen, 38128 901-377-3037
- Dave Wells 915 Chelsea, 38107 901-526-7193
- *Davis 3371 Spottswood, 38111 901-323-8015
- Douglass 1616 Ash, 38108 901-327-6131
- *Ed Rice 2907 N. Watkins, 38127 901-357-6919
- Gaisman 4221 Macon, 38122 901-682-6161
- Gaston 1048 S. Third, 38106 901-774-4156
- *Glenview 1141 S. Barksdale, 38114 901-576-7080
- *Hickory Hill 3910 Ridgeway Rd, 38115 901-566-9685
- Hollywood 1560 N. Hollywood, 38108 901-458-4084
- Katie H. Sexton 1235 Brown, 38107 901-576-7070
- Lester 317 Tillman, 38112 901-324-2639
- Marion Hale 4791 Willow, 38117 901-685-8120
- McFarland 4955 Cottonwood, 38118 901-362-8350
- Mitchell 602 West Mitchell, 38109 901-789-2927
- North Frayser 2555 St. Elmo, 38127 901-353-9419
- Orange Mound 2572 Park, 38111 901-576-6878
- Pine Hill 973 Alice, 38106 901-774-7950
- Raleigh 3678 Powers, 38128 901-372-2085
- Raymond Skinner Center 712 Tanglewood, 38104 901-272-2528
- Riverview 1891 Kansas, 38109 901-774-3041
- *Whitehaven 4318 Graceland, 38116 901-332-0783
*Teen camp sites
For more information on Summer Camp call 901-636-4203 or your local Community Center. You can also visit http://www.memphistn.gov and follow the link to Summer Camp 2014.
Participants with special needs should register at the Raymond Skinner Center.