Maintenance Technician Shelby Weekend Shift (Fri Sat Sun\7 00am 7 30pm)
Job Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Take an idea. Make it a product. Get it into the pipeline. Share it with the world. Sounds simple, but, of course, the devil’s in the details. At Nike’s In-House Manufacturing and Distribution Divisions, we manage every detail, making sure great ideas become great products for athletes everywhere. What does this mean for you? In the best situations it means you’ll push your colleagues to do their best work, and they’ll turn around and do the same for you. And the details? Take a look and see for yourself.
As our Maintenance Technician, you’ll troubleshoot, repair and maintain all electrical and mechanical conveyor equipment, including slat sorters, tilt tray sorters, servomotors and amplifiers. You’ll test and repair all electrical controls, including programmable logic controllers, laser scanning equipment and all AC/DC electrical circuitry. You’ll also perform preventative maintenance on the conveyor system; provide guidance and training on all conveyor, HVAC, fire protection and material handling equipment; and complete special projects, office moves and other duties independently and on-time by planning work schedules and coordinating with managers and other shifts. In addition, you’ll fabricate or repair equipment using burning and welding tools and maintain proper inventory of all parts to ensure maximum operating time of the conveyor system.
Requirements for the position include:
– 2 years’ experience maintaining conveyor systems in a distribution or manufacturing environment; working with various types of motor drives such as servomotors, amplifiers and frequency controllers; and working with programmable logic controllers
– Capable of repetitive motions and able to lift up to 40 lbs continuously
– Associate’s degree in Engineering Technology or a related field is preferred
– Strong mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic skills are a plus
– Experience with UCC128 bar coding, material handling equipment and laser scanning equipment such as omni-directional, Accusort and side scanners is preferred
– Experience using burning and welding tools is preferred
– Able to repair various types of sortation conveyors is a plus
– Knowledge of HVAC, fire protection equipment and familiarity with computer inquiry and data entry is preferred
Interested yet? Good. Us too. We’re pretty sure you’ll want to know we offer one of the most generous benefits packages around. Things like a stock purchase plan, a 401(k) retirement plan, casual work environment, and a host of other perks we don’t have room to mention here.
Job ID: 00159154- APPLY NOW
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Support Services: What We Offer
As a global company, our day-to-day operations depend on the job our dedicated facilities and support staff does. These teams create and maintain an inspiring campus environment. From the immaculately kept campus to the efficiency of our shipping services, Nike facilities and support staff make it happen. Learn more about jobs in Facility and Support Services with Nike today.