Memphis Goodwill is currently seeking candidates for the position of Grounds Maintenance Worker .
Under the leadership of the Grounds Maintenance Manager, the Grounds Maintenance Worker will be responsible for the cultivation, landscaping and grounds maintenance of Memphis Goodwill contract sites. The Grounds Maintenance Worker will carry out all duties required to create and maintain an aesthetically pleasing horticultural environment. These duties may include planting, trimming, administering pesticides and additional functions associated with the design and upkeep of external and internal landscaping. The Grounds Maintenance Worker will ensure quality control processes and procedures, while ensuring compliance with contract specifications, OSHA safety regulations, and promoting a positive Memphis Goodwill image. Promotion of GREEN initiatives is essential. Additional job duties maybe assigned by the Grounds Manager.
1. Performs grounds keeping and landscape maintenance for Memphis Goodwill Contract Sites.
2. Ensures compliance with contract specifications, OSHA safety regulations, and promoting a positive Memphis Goodwill image. Promotion of GREEN initiatives.
3. Operates grounds related equipment, maintenance, and motorized equipment.
4. Provides supply requests and equipment for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items as needed to maintain grounds projects.
5. Mows lawn using hand, power or riding mower and trim and edge around walks, flower beds, and walls.
6. Landscapes by planting flowers, grass, shrubs, and bushes.
7. Applies pesticides to rid grounds of pests such as mosquitos, wasps, ticks, and others.
8. Applies fertilizer to ground to enhance growth.
9. Performs routine maintenance duties; such as cleaning landscaped areas and related items (e.g. storm drains, fields, litter, etc.) for the purpose of preventing flooding and removing hazards.
10. Trims shrubs and pull weeds.
11. Performs minor repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment utilized in grounds keeping.
12. Rakes, mulch, and prune the grounds as needed.
13. Installs rock, cement, lighting, water, and furniture.
14. Waters plants and grass as needed and apply fertilizer.
15. Operation of Memphis Goodwill Grounds vehicle.
16. Additional job duties maybe assigned by Grounds Manager.
1. Must be able to stand for long periods of time
2. Must be able to kneel, stoop and bend
3. Must be able to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 lbs
1. Outside work, various of temperature
2. Dust, Dirt, application of chemical pesticides and sharp objects
- Ability to effectively relate to other personalities and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work with other in a team approach to management
- Ability to effectively communicate with others
- High School Diploma and/or GED.
- Previous Grounds maintenance experience preferred.
- Arborist Certified preferred, but not required.
- Certification of Chemical Pesticides preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to operate motorized grounds equipment, weed eater, walk behind mower, tractor mower and power equipment
- Must be able to pass Drug and Criminal Background Check.
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- Must have satisfactory MVR Report
- Must be able to pass Federal Security Clearance
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com