Mahaffey has been the leading provider of tents and event rentals for the Memphis and Mid-South areas since 1924.
Our customers include individuals like brides and event planners, as well as our loyal partners: caterers, event venues, planners, florists, photographers, and our amazing community charitable organizations. Whether a customer is planning an elegant wedding, a big corporate event, an outdoor music festival or county fair, a sporting event, or even a small soiree, From tables, linens, chairs, tableware, and decor to dance floors, lighting, stages, tents and more …Mahaffey has them covered.
- Forecasts labor requirements based on future orders; breaks down work load into assignments and prioritizes and delegates assignments to staff.Regularly carrying, stacking and unstacking of equipment, carrying and moving equipment to the appropriate storage area, and loading and unloading equipment onto lifts, dollies, forklifts, and/or trucks.
- Monitors productivity and quality objectives.
- Plans layout of the work area and storage areas, considering inventory turns, size, weight, and related factors of items being stored.
- Advises employees on care and preservation of items received, stored, and pulled, methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and pulling goods and the related problems.
- Directs staff and completes tasks related to loading rental equipment into trucks ensuring that rental equipment is properly loaded and secure to reduce breakage. Counts and records items loaded on correct paperwork.Load all miscellaneous supplies such as cleaning supplies, sledge hammers, tie straps, screwdriver, bags, boxes, etc.
- Assists driver in unloading trucks returning to warehouse. Checks and logs returned equipment according to company procedures.
- Inspects, cleans and maintains equipment as specified by manufacturer and company procedures and quality standards-which may include use of pressure washers, chemicals, compressed air and, when necessary, kitchen and laundry cleaning equipment. After cleaning, thoroughly check operation of equipment and look for missing fasteners, parts, etc. Logs broken, damaged, and missing equipment and notifies supervisor.
- Returns cleaned, wrapped and packaged equipment to the appropriate storage area.
- Conducts annual inventory and periodic cycle counts of Warehouse equipment. Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must possess customer relation skills.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Computer knowledge is preferred. Training on Point of Rental software will be provided.
- ‘Must be able to understand and follow instructions furnished in written, oral and scheduled form.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information about customer’s orders, the condition of equipment, and the status of an assignment.
- Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
Mahaffey is looking to add drivers and installers to our staff to meet our continued needs as we grow. We are looking for happy and fun candidates to help make other peoples’ events spectacular. If you have what it takes, apply by clicking on the link below.
- Valid driver’s license with minimal driving infractions
- Drug free
- Ability to lift 75 pounds repeatedly throughout the day
- Must be able to have a good ability to understand and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form in the safest manner possible
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork in a timely manner
- Good communication skills with crew members and temps and the ability to live and work in a team environment
Please apply at: