The University of Memphis invites applicants to visit our website to review & apply for our current open positions.
The University of Memphis, a member of the Tennessee Board of Regents System, is a metropolitan research University with seven colleges and four professional schools. The University enrolls approximately 21,500 students, 4,700 in graduate programs. Our faculty and staff number approximately 2,500. The University consists of 237 structures totaling 6.2 million square feet on 1,606 acres at 8 locations.
Compensation for our positions is competitive and commensurate with qualifications. The University of Memphis offers an attractive benefits package.
Current vacancies include:
- Assistant Vice President Physical Plant
- Locksmith II
- Electronic Technician II
- Human Resources Associate, Benefits Administration
- Manager Building Services
- Business Officer II
- Electrician High Voltage
- Swimming Pool Technician
- Human Resources Assistant
- Grants and Contracts Specialist
- Network Systems Analyst
A complete list of current vacancies and job requirements can be found at https://workforum.memphis.edu/. For assistance, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must apply on-line to officially be considered for any of these positions.
Job Descriptions for the companies participating in the
Who’s Hiring Memphis – Job Fair hosted by CSS Connects on
January 12, 2016 at the Memphis Botanic Gardens
- CVS Pharmacy: updated 1/6/16 hiring over 30 Pharmacy Techs
- Fed Ex: updated 1/6/16 various hourly positions, handler, material handler, open exempt position ( based on availability)
- New Horizon: Trainers and student recruiting
- Kroger: 17 week instructional course design to acclimate the candidate to basic functions performed on a management level in a retail grocery setting, Co-Manager, Entry-Level retail grocery store manager
- Durham School Services –updated 1/6/16 50 Drivers- in – Training, Bus Monitors, Dispatchers
- McDonalds: Management
- Automation Personnel: updated 1/6/16 Forklift Operators Specific Crownlifts, Freight Handlers, Collections, Reception, Office Clerical, Shipping and Receiving Etc.
- Enterprise: Management Trainee, Exit Booth Agents, Return Agents, Rental Sales Agents, Customer Service, Car detailer, Drivers
- Abacus Staffing
- Allied Barton: Security Guards & Supervisors
- Dove Health & Rehab: RNs , LPN, CNAs
- Maines Foods :Class A – Drivers , Warehouse Associates
- Stellar: Personal Assistants, CAN’a, Home Care Aids
- Mata Transit: updated 1/6/16 Business Operations, Maintenance, Diesel Mechanics and Administrative
- Shelby County School Nutrition Services updated 1/6/16 Substitute Nutrition Service Technician, Substitute Truck driver (CDL), Substitute Warehouse Workers and more
- Krystals : updated 1/6/16 District Managers, Restaurant General Managers, Asst. Managers, Counter Help
- Home care by Wesley – We will be recruiting for the position of Member Services Provider
- Air Serv: Shuttle Drivers, CDL License Class A,B,C with Pendorsement
- TN National Guard:
- The Village Of Germantown: RN’s CNA’s, LPN’s, Drivers
- On Call Staffing, Inc: Private Duty LPN’s & CAN’s (FT and PT)
- Sam’s Club: Manager-in-Training, Interns and Team Leaders
- Cordova Bowling Center: Mechanics
- Allied Barton: Security Officers
- Memphis Pool: Service Coordinator, Retail associates, Service Technicians
- LaHacinda Restaurants: Servers, bartenders, Kitchen Staff
Applications are only accepted on-line at http://www.fritolayemployment.com/careers/.
The Frito Lay on-line job application system for the Memphis Sales Zone has the below opening:
- 1 Full Time Route Sales Associate positions – Memphis, TN – DC Location (open Jan. 15th – 8:00 a.m.)
- Take the on-line test.
2. Fill out the employment application.
- FULL ADDRESS for past employers
- 10 year job history (DOT requirement) (including any gaps such as unemployed xx/xx – xx/xx)
- correct driver’s license #
- correct birthday
Any incorrect information “WILL” delay the background verification with First Advantage. If you have not filled out correctly, we will be required to submit an on-line request to correct information, which sends an email to your email address with aa link for YOU to “correct” the needed information.
Route Sales Associate – General
- Under general supervision, develops account sales and delivers products to various stores (i.e. grocery, convenience, schools, gas stations, etc.) within the designated route area.
- Driving delivery truck in and out of the distribution center. . The type of truck will vary by route and zone needs, up to and including a 24’ box truck.
- Performs inventory for product cases in truck, loading and unloading products to and from truck and delivering product cases to customer locations, may use a 2-wheel dolly or other rolling product equipment.
- Displays product on display racks in customer accounts (Store Door Delivery). May create signs and displays on product. May be required to build displays of various sizes and heights.
- Empties product cases, flattens, loads back on truck and returns to the Distribution Center.
- Responsible for communicating and selling product promotions, displays and maintaining key locations in high traffic areas within customer locations.
- Ensures target goals are maintained for sales, waste and safety. Maintains daily paperwork and cash flow integrity.
- Directly impacts the sales process having continuous contact with customers. Decision-making is extensive, which is governed by policy and guided by procedure while focused on daily operations.
- Previous sales experience a plus. Able to read, write, communicate in English.
- This is a full time position, averaging 50 hours a week, days off will vary depending on route type, hour may vary, and position may require early more starts in order to accommodate vendor requirements.
- This position requires working in all weather conditions.
- A “clear” driving record for the past (3) years is required. A CDL license is not required.
- This position analyzes situation accurately, taking effective action; following written and oral instructions; organize and coordinate work; collect, chart and interpret statistical data, calculate mathematical equations, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, analyze and problem solve, communicating tactfully and effectively, working independently in absence of direct supervision; ability to work under narrow time constraints; while maintaining effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment
- This position requires passing a pre-employment sales aptitude test, background investigation of work history and criminal check, a drug test and a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical.
- This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
- Ability to climb, push/pull, bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods. This position is classified as medium work. It involves frequent lifting, up to 15 pounds. On occasion, lifting of 40 pounds may be required. Position requires frequent reaching, pushing/pulling, and use of fingers.
- Ability to see (depth perception, near acuity and far acuity), hear, lifting 15 – 40 pounds.