The University of Memphis invites applicants to visit our website to review & apply for our current open positions. The University of Memphis is a member of the Tennessee Board of Regents System, a metropolitan research University with seven colleges and four professional schools. The University enrolls approximately 21,500 students, 4,700 in graduate programs. Our faculty and staff number approximately 2,500. The University consists of 237 structures totaling 6.2 million square feet on 1,606 acres at 8 locations.
Compensation for our positions is competitive and commensurate with qualifications. The University of Memphis offers an attractive benefits package.
Current vacancies include:
- . Electrician High Voltage
- . Locksmith II
- . Electronic Technician II
- . Swimming Pool Technician
- . Safety Specialist
- . Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Student Affairs
- . Plumber
- . Supervisor Custodian II
- . Administrative Associate I
- . Administrative Associate II
- . Administrative Assistant II
- .Testing Administrator
A complete list of current vacancies and job requirements can be found at https://workforum.memphis.edu/. For assistance, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must apply on-line to officially be considered for any of these positions.
The Frito Lay on-line job application system for the Memphis Sales Zone has the below openings:
- 1 Part Time Detailer Position – Memphis, TN – DC Location (open Feb. 12th – 8:00 a.m.)
- 1 Part Time Detailer Position – Covington, TN – DC Location (open Feb. 12th – 8:00 a.m.)
- Take the on-line test.
- Fill out the employment application.
- FULL ADDRESS for past employers
- 10 year job history (including any gaps such as unemployed xx/xx – xx/xx)
- correct driver’s license #
- correct birthday
Any incorrect information “WILL” delay the background verification with First Advantage. If you have not filled out correctly, we will be required to submit an on-line request to correct information, which sends an email to your email address with a link for YOU to “correct” the needed information.
DETAILER (Sales Support/Stocker)
- Under limited supervision, restocks products in customer locations during high volume and high traffic times on off days of Route Sales Representatives, pulling product from storage areas in ‘back of the store’.
- Ensures products are properly displayed and rotated. Clean and straighten shelves/racks, checking code dates, rotating product and removing unsaleables.
- Employee may assist in assembling and disassembling temporary mobile displays. Limited contact with store customers and clients.
- Decision making is moderate, which is governed by procedure while focused on daily operations.
- Analyzes situation accurately, taking effective action; following written and oral instructions; organize and coordinate work; communicating tactfully and effectively, working independently in absence of direct supervision; ability to work under narrow time constraints; while maintaining effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Reliable transportation and driver’s license is required as well as proof of insurance coverage.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, evenings.
- Position is part time, 5-25 hours per week, days vary.
- This job requires working in all weather conditions, a background investigation for work history and criminal record check, and the ability to pass a drug test
- This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
- Ability to climb, push/pull, bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods. Ability to see (depth perception, near acuity and far acuity), drive a vehicle, lifting 15 – 40 pounds.
- This position is classified as medium work. It involves frequent lifting, up to 15 pounds. On occasion, lifting of 40 pounds may be required. Position requires frequent reaching, pushing/pulling, and use of fingers.
Applications Taken 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
7796 Craft-Goodman Rd, Olive Branch, MS 38654
SIMOS recruiting candidates for the following:
- Warehouse Pickers / Packers
- Forklift Operators
- Warehouse Loaders / Unloaders
- Machine Operators
- Warehouse Processors
- Gift Wrappers
- Warehouse Supervisors
- Administrative Assistants
For ALL SHIFTS for warehouses
Located in Memphis and Mississippi.
Please see the enclosed City of Memphis job opportunities for Wednesday, February 10, 2016:
- Pool Manager Parks & Neighborhoods
- Day Camp Aide Parks & Neighborhoods
Please click HERE for more details and to apply.
Teach901 will hold a job fair in partnership with Teacher Town USA on Tuesday, February 16th from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at the Salvation Army Kroc Center in Midtown. More than 30 school operators are hiring for more than 200 available positions for the 2016-17 school year. Attendees can network with representatives from Shelby County Schools, Achievement Schools District, Gestalt Community Schools, Aspire, KIPP Memphis, and many more. For more information and to register, go to teach901.com.
The first Teach901 Job Fair in 2013 saw 11 participating organizations and more than 100 candidates in attendance. The annual job fair has since become the premier hiring event for local educators with the number of participating organizations having tripled and the number of job seeking candidates surging to more than 600 in 2015. View footage from the 2015 job fair here.
What: Teach901 Job Fair
When: Tuesday, February 16th, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Where: Salvation Army Kroc Center, 800 East Parkway South
Teach901 is a collaborative effort to rewrite the future of an entire generation by recruiting and retaining driven and effective teachers to serve in the city’s progressive urban education reform movement.
Filed under All, Job Fairs