The Neighborhood Christian Centers, Inc. is looking for a ministry minded person. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Anyone interested in applying and want to be considered for an interview, please forward your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12:00p on Friday, February 19, 2016. Please see the job description below.
HUMAN SERVICES WORKER
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Date Prepared: Date Approved:
Human Services Worker 2/8/16 2/10/16
HOURS: 40 Hours per week
General Purpose of Position:
Provides case management services to parents with children between the ages of newborn (0) and five (5).
- Should have a thorough knowledge of Compassionate Ministries’ departmental policies and procedure manual.
- Should exhibit a pleasant demeanor with neighbors, agency representatives and staff when performing daily tasks.
- Conduct comprehensive social and economic well-being assessments for each parent/care-giver.
- In conjunction with parent/care-giver, develop an individual action plan for improving the quality of life for self and children.
- Monitors, tracks & documents parent/care-giver’s progress in achieving goals.
- Reviews action plans with parent/care-givers at least every 30 days or as needed.
- Updates and ensures logs and database are current and accurate.
- Works with local service delivery network to make service referrals
- Develop collaborative relationships with community based organizations and agencies that provide support services, and resources.
- Reviews and provides program and client specific summary reports for management review
- Performs any other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or equivalent with one year or more year’s social services experience.
- Organization and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to motivate clients to take action
- Ability to understand multi-step written and oral procedures/instructions
- Adherence to NCC policies/procedures, including safety practices
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate knowledge and use of MS Office Suite (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Interest in and the ability to articulate the NCC Statement of Faith, Mission and Values
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license and insurance