Habitat for Humanity’s vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live, and since 1983, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis has been working to realize that vision in Shelby County. Memphis Habitat partners with people in our community to help them build or improve places they can call home through new home construction, rehabilitation work and Aging in Place home modifications for seniors. Our employees enjoy a relaxed work environment and a real opportunity to make a difference in our community.
Construction Project Manager Memphis, TN
Full time Salary: $37,000-$40,000
In collaboration with the Director of Construction, the Construction Project Manager (CPM) will assist in the coordination of new house construction and repair/warranty work. The CPM will assign and supervise volunteers and paid contractor on the build site. The CPM will also perform property site inspections and initiate and manage sub-contractor work for various repair programs such as Aging in Place and Neighborhood Revitalization.
Key responsibilities are
- Supervises overall construction activity and provides leadership utilizing both volunteers and paid contractors in accordance with plans, specifications and quality requirements.
- Treats house owners with respect and dignity. Strives to make their construction involvement meaningful and reminds house leaders of this ministry requirement.
- Identifies and organizes required tools and materials and make available on site before and after each build day.
- Creates an environment the where volunteers have a good experience thus motivating them to return.
- Evaluates and implements good safety practices and constantly stresses same with house leaders and volunteers.
Successful candidates will have
- 3-5 years knowledge and experience in the construction/contracting business required (or related experiences)
- 2-3 years construction management experience preferred
- Experience working with and supervising volunteers preferred
- Reliable transportation and valid automobile liability insurance coverage
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- TN Contractor’s Exam or pass within one month of hire
- Ability to do heavy lifting up to 75 pounds, roofing and weekend work
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description visit Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis – Employment. Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com by March 31, 2016
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to meet employment verification requirements, pass pre-employment screenings, background checks, and sex offender registry checks.
Habitat for Humanity is pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer