Memphis Goodwill is seeking a Fulltime Human Resources Recruiter! Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this and other amazing opportunities by visiting our Memphis Goodwill Website at http://www.goodwillmemphis.org. Select Careers->Corporate Opportunities->Recruiter. Applicants MUST complete profile and attach resume. Select Careers->Corporate Opportunities->Recruiter. Applicants MUST complete profile and attach resume.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Human Resources; the Recruiter will be responsible for Recruitment, Talent Acquisition and Onboarding of Memphis Goodwill Team Members. Ideal candidates should have at minimum 3-5 years’ experience in high volume Recruitment and Talent Acquisition.
1. Conducts screening and selection actions from beginning to end. This includes but is not limited to posting, screening and interviewing candidates for open positions and referring the most qualified internal and/or external candidates to the hiring manager for interview. Keeps candidates and hiring managers updated on the hiring status
2. Performs all appropriate pre-employment background checks, schedules pre-employment drug screening, MVRs and education checks when applicable and.
3. Collects and validates all documentation related to the hiring process.
4. Coordinates New Hire Orientation with hiring managers, and provides instructions and confirms attendance for new hires.
5. Identify sources and forums to recruit applicants including hosting and participating in job fairs, ad placement, social media, online job boards, etc.
6. Extend written and/or verbal job offer to candidates in conjunction with hiring managers.
7. Creates partnerships with other community-based organizations to maintain a sufficient applicant flow.
8. Maintains applicant log according to departmental procedure and in keeping compliant with legal guidelines.
9. Maintains and update job descriptions prior to posting vacant positions…
10. Assists in preparing EEO-1, Veterans 100 Reports, and Affirmative Action Plan.
11. Reports new hire to the appropriate government agency, including e-Verify.
12. Establishes internal business relationships and effectively communicates with all levels of management.
13. Ensures compliance with OFCCP guidelines in the preparation of the annual AAP.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Sitting, bending, light lifting as needed.
1. Office environment as well as occasional retail, processing or contract environments.
1. Ability to work well under tight timeframes with a sense of urgency.
2. Typing, spelling, grammar, and proofreading.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal customer service, problem-solving, and negotiating skills.
4. Strong insight and ability to assess character and viability of candidates and exercising discretion accordingly.
5. Internet recruiting.
6. Operating office equipment (copy machine, telephone equipment, etc.).
7. Practical knowledge of screening, interviewing and reference check procedure.
8. Strong organizational skills.
9. Attention to detail.
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
11. Perform day-to-day responsibilities independently and with minimum supervision. Ability and flexibility to work on multiple tasks.
12. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with visitors, team members and team leaders.
13. Handle position in an efficient, organized, and courteous manner.
14. Maintain a positive, friendly attitude and a clean, neat, well-groomed appearance.
1. Ability to effectively communicate with staff, clients, and other personnel or applicants in a business environment.
2. Ability to handle confidential information.
3. Ability to effectively relate to people with various disabilities, personalities and cultural backgrounds.
4. Ability to work with other staff in a team environment.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field is preferred. Additional course work in various HR disciplines a plus.
2. Minimum of 3-5 years previous staffing experience required, preferably in the retail, environment.
3. Experience using Ultipro or other Human Resources Software.
4. Computer literate in basic office software i.e., Excel, Word, Internet Explorer, Outlook, Power Point, Publisher etc.
5. Experience developing behavioral-based interview questions