The Memphis Urban League Is NOW Taking Essay Entries for the Kroger YouthWorks 2016 Employment Training and Job Placement For Area Youth, Ages 16 And 17
Please Visit the Memphis Urban League to Pick Up Your Essay Cover Sheet and Essay Topics
The DEADLINE to Submit Your Essay to The Memphis Urban League’s Office Located at
413 N. Cleveland St. Memphis, TN 38104 is Friday, April 1, 2016 By 4:30 P.M.
For More Information
Please Call the Memphis Urban League at 901-272-2491
Personal Banker (Floater)
Evolve Bank & Trust is an FDIC insured bank and Equal Housing Lender with roots dating back over eighty-eight (88) years. Our Personal banking goes beyond simply managing money. Established in 1925, Evolve Bank & Trust conducts business with a strong emphasis on all areas of lending – including consumer, residential, construction, commercial and SBA.
We have a rare job opening as a FLOATER for the Arkansas Branches.
Based in West Memphis, you will be assigned to work as a Teller/Personal Banker when needed at any of these locations:
- 123 W Parkin Ave., Parkin, AR 72323
- 301 Shoppingway Blvd., West Memphis, AR 72301
- 1690 North Falls Blvd., Wynne, AR 72301
- 6070 Poplar Ave., Memphis, TN 38119
Must have reliable transportation to commute to each of the Arkansas Branches.
You will be paid mileage when working away from your “home branch”.
- Greet and welcome clients, co-workers and vendors to Evolve Bank and Trust in a courteous, professional and timely manner; provide prompt, accurate and efficient transactions.
- Under regular supervision, process all types of paying and receiving transactions including specialty functions.
- Research and resolve complex customer issues.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift and compare totaled amounts to computer-generated proof sheet; research and resolve discrepancies.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
- Enter customers’ transactions into computers to record transactions and issue computer-generated receipts.
- Maintain branch files, account records and customer correspondence.
- Examine checks for endorsements and to verify other information such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments and the legality of the documents.
- Consistently follow precise policies and procedures for conducting Bank business.
- Establish and cross-sell deposit and consumer lending products and services.
- Interview and qualify potential consumer loan prospects.
- May train new employees.
- Provide administrative support to management.
- Perform any branch function necessary.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- At least 2 years Bank or Credit Union Teller Experience
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of customer service and sales experience
- 2 years cash handling experience required
- Proficient in the sales and service of both personal and business retail products
- Computer literate; Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
- General knowledge of bank products and services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge in bank operations preferred
- Ability to interact effectively with clients, all levels of bank colleagues and vendors
- Ability to cross-sell banking services to existing and potential clients
- Ability to process transactions and balance debits and credits
- Must be able to work in a team environment and to adapt to change
- Punctuality and reliable transportation is required
————————————————————————–We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
In addition, we conduct Criminal Background and Credit History verifications.
The University of Memphis invites applicants to visit our website to review & apply for our current open positions.
Compensation for our positions is competitive and commensurate with qualifications.
Current vacancies include:
- Locksmith II
- Coordinator, Accounting
- Assistant Director, Residence Life Facility
- Administrative Associate
- Accountant III (Payroll Office)
For a complete list of current vacancies including job requirements and to apply for open positions, please visit https://workforum.memphis.edu/ . For assistance, contact Human Resources at email@example.com
**Applicants must apply on-line to officially be considered for any of these positions.
The University of Memphis, a member of the Tennessee Board of Regents System, is a metropolitan research University with six colleges and four professional schools. The University enrolls approximately 21,500 students, 4,700 in graduate programs. Our faculty and staff number approximately 2,500. The University consists of 237 structures totaling 6.2 million square feet on 1,606 acres at 8 locations.
The University of Memphis, a TBR institution, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action University. Appointments will be based on merit as it relates to position requirements without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, handicap or veteran status.
Meet face to face with dozens of Fortune 500 hiring managers.
Wednesday, March 09, 2016 – 9:00 to 12:30
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Memphis
5069 Sanderlin Ave., Memphis, TN 38117
Source: Memphis Job Fair on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 for Career Seekers – HireLive.com
The 2016 NAMBC Career Expo will feature 15 employers in a variety of businesses and fields.
Source: 2016 NAMBC Career Expo to be held March 22 – WMC Action News 5 – Memphis, Tennessee
American Home Shield will host a job fair for more than 150 openings at its Memphis call center.
Source: 150 customer service jobs up for grabs – WMC Action News 5 – Memphis, Tennessee