Memphis Goodwill is seeking a Fulltime Store Managers! Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this amazing opportunity by visiting our Memphis Goodwill Website at goodwillmemphis.org. Select Careers->Retail Opportunities->Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager. Applicants MUST complete profile and attach resume.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Under the team leadership of the Vice President of Donated Goods, The Store Manager is responsible for the successful operation of the Memphis Goodwill Retail Store.
JOB DUTIES :
Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates team members within the framework of Goodwill policies and procedures and job descriptions.
- Manages annual Goodwill GGC store budget, operating the GGC within budgeted expense to revenue ratios.
- Insures high standards of donor and customer relations.
- Insures the proper handling and processing of incoming donation flow in and out of the GGC in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepares or approves the scheduling of labor and preparation of time cards.
- Reviews and approves time cards.
- Insures coordination and communication of transportation and maintenance needs.
- Insures cleanliness and image GGC.
- Insures that supplies are ordered and maintained in a secured manner in accordance with established budget and company practices.
- Insures GGC security according to company policies and procedures.
- Insures that all company safety practices and procedures are adhered to.
- Insures statistical counts (i.e. donor counts, apparel hung, rotation count, etc.) are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Completes and analyzes register PLU readings, cash reports, daily, monthly, and yearly activity reports, transmittal of reports and daily deposits comment cards, work orders, purchase orders, team minutes, petty cash, and expense reports in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Reports needed repairs and/or maintenance needs to the Housing and Occupancy Department in a timely manner utilizing maintenance request forms.
- Keeps abreast of product knowledge, industry trends, and competitive pricing through comparative shopping of competitors (i.e. full or discount retail, consignment, and second-hand thrift).
- Originates and implements measures to improve efficiency, quality of work, work condition, performance, and other administrative and supervisory duties to ensure efficient, profitable operations.
- Other duties as assigned by VP .
- Must be able to bend, reach, stand, walk for extensive periods of time, and lift up to sixty pounds on a regular basis.
- Dust and handle sharp objects.
- Inside with seasonal climate changes.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships and handle conflicts with team members, customers and donors.
- Ability to effectively relate to people with various types of disabilities, personalities and backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain a positive, friendly attitude and a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
- 3-5 years of management level work experience.
- Three years’ experience in a retail environment; apparel background a plus.
- High school diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must be able to train team members with or without vocational disadvantages.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions independently as required.
- Ability to seek out internal and external resources to accomplish desired results.
- Ability to motivate others, delegate job duties, and hold team members accountable for the completion of responsibilities.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be willing and able to work nights and weekends.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this amazing opportunity by visiting our Memphis Goodwill Website at goodwillmemphis.org. Select Careers->Retail Opportunities->Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager. Applicants MUST complete profile and attach resume.
Memphis Goodwill is seeking a Fulltime Human Resources Recruiter! Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this amazing opportunity by visiting our Memphis Goodwill Website at goodwillmemphis.org. Select Careers->Corporate Opportunities->Recruiter. Applicants MUST complete profile and attach resume.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Human Resources; the Recruiter will be responsible for Recruitment, Talent Acquisition and Onboarding of Memphis Goodwill Team Members. Ideal candidates should have at minimum 3-5 years’ experience in high volume Recruitment and Talent Acquisition.
- Conducts screening and selection actions from beginning to end. This includes but is not limited to posting, screening and interviewing candidates for open positions and referring the most qualified internal and/or external candidates to the hiring manager for interview. Keeps candidates and hiring managers updated on the hiring status
2. Performs all appropriate pre-employment background checks, schedules pre-employment drug screening, MVRs and education checks when applicable and.
3. Collects and validates all documentation related to the hiring process.
4. Coordinates New Hire Orientation with hiring managers, and provides instructions and confirms attendance for new hires.
5. Identify sources and forums to recruit applicants including hosting and participating in job fairs, ad placement, social media, online job boards, etc.
6. Extend written and/or verbal job offer to candidates in conjunction with hiring managers.
7. Creates partnerships with other community based organizations to maintain a sufficient applicant flow.
8. Maintains applicant log according to departmental procedure and in keeping compliant with legal guidelines.
9. Maintains and update job descriptions prior to posting vacant positions…
10. Assists in preparing EEO-1, Veterans 100 Reports, and Affirmative Action Plan.
11. Reports new hire to the appropriate government agency, including e-Verify.
12. Establishes internal business relationships and effectively communicates with all levels of management.
13. Ensures compliance with OFCCP guidelines in the preparation of the annual AAP.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Sitting, bending, light lifting as needed.
1. Office environment as well as occasional retail, processing or contract environments.
1. Ability to work well under tight timeframes with a sense of urgency.
2. Typing, spelling, grammar, and proofreading.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal customer service, problem solving, and negotiating skills.
4. Strong insight and ability to assess character and viability of candidates and exercising discretion accordingly.
5. Internet recruiting.
6. Operating office equipment (copy machine, telephone equipment, etc.).
7. Practical knowledge of screening, interviewing and reference check procedure.
8. Strong organizational skills.
9. Attention to detail.
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
11. Perform day-to-day responsibilities independently and with minimum supervision. Ability and flexibility to work on multiple tasks.
12. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with visitors, team members and team leaders.
13. Handle position in an efficient, organized, and courteous manner.
14. Maintain a positive, friendly attitude and a clean, neat, well-groomed appearance.
1. Ability to effectively communicate with staff, clients, and other personnel or applicants in a business environment.
2. Ability to handle confidential information.
3. Ability to effectively relate to people with various disabilities, personalities and cultural backgrounds.
4. Ability to work with other staff in a team environment.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field is preferred. Additional course work in various HR disciplines a plus.
2. Minimum of 3-5 years previous staffing experience required, preferably in the retail, environment.
3. Experience using Ultipro or other Human Resources Software.
4. Computer literate in basic office software i.e., Excel, Word, Internet Explorer, Outlook, Power Point, Publisher etc.
5. Experience developing behavioral-based interview questions.