MEMPHIS – 2016-2017 Licensed Teachers – Middle & High School Positions
Please Apply Online: http://jobs.greendot.org/
Please contact: Danielle Hobbs, Human Capital Recruiter (901-483-2164) with any questions or concerns or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Middle School – Music, ESL, PE, Science, Social Studies, ELA, Special Education, Math
High School – Spanish, Music, Drama/Art, PE, Special Education, Math, Biology, History, Chemistry, English, Physics
We are seeking talented teachers with a desire to foster high levels of academic achievement in urban high schools. Our staff is committed to continuing their own learning and refining their practice to stay current in the field ensuring a quality education for all. We offer small class sizes, intensive, specialized professional development days, monthly observations, summer training, new teacher support meetings, and opportunities for teachers to attend conferences. To learn more about what it’s like to be a teacher at Green Dot, please visit: http://jobs.greendot.org/.
**In addition to teaching positions, we regularly have teacher leader and administrative opportunities. We believe strongly in providing training and support to our staff to enable strong teaching and learning in every classroom.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve professional competence. Attend staff meetings, and serve on committees as required. The school day for staff runs from 7:15 a.m. to 3:30-4:00 p.m.
- Effectively instruct students in assigned content area(s) as prescribed by Green Dot’s academic content standards through direct instruction, demonstrating, and using audio-visual aids and other materials to supplement presentations with the overall goal of engaging student learning. Teachers are expected to teach an Advisory section to a group of students centered on College, Leadership, and Life.
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team and within content areas planning and aligning curricula to ensure that instruction follows curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school.
- Set clear short-term and long-term goals to drive instruction.
- Develop and submit weekly and long range lesson plans containing standards, objectives, essential questions, assessments and lesson plans; assign lessons and review homework.
- Consistently use data to evaluate pupil progress, record results, and issue meaningful reports to inform parents of progress.
- Create and implement student intervention plans when necessary for student with special education program and general education students.
- Maintain the school’s student management policies and procedures (i.e. attendance records, dress code, etc.) and report to the school administrators when necessary.
- Maintain effective supervision and discipline in the classroom.
- Work with other teachers and administrators to address and resolve student issues.
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for growth and success of all students.
- Participate in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- Lead and participate in student activities such as: sponsoring student activities or student organizations, coaching a sports team, working with parents and the community as part of a committee or group, provide morning or after school supervision, and chaperoning student activities.
- Abide by all state and federal mandates in reporting sexual or physical abuse and neglect.
- Special projects and duties outside of primary teaching responsibility as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid and appropriate teaching license*
If you do not hold a teaching license, you may qualify for a Practitioner license while you complete graduate coursework.
- Excellent collaborative and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong ethical base and self-awareness
- Relentless commitment to and high standards for high quality execution
- Passionate with a high level of personal responsibility towards ambitious goals
- Strong sense of integrity, ethics, and drive to achieve and grow
- Humility, sense of humor, and rock-solid commitment to Green Dot’s mission and the communities we serve
- Commitment to building programs from beginning to end
- Ability to multi-task and function in a high-energy environment
This employer strives for a balanced, productive workforce, which is diverse in terms of age, gender, and cultural identity. We do not base hiring or promotional decisions on factors other than performance and professional growth potential. Please note that we are unable to sponsor H1 VISA applicants.
Our initial teacher salary scale ranges from $45,000 – $80,000, based on teaching experience. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan as well as the opportunity to impact a growing, mission-driven organization that is committed to the success of all students.
Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Shift Type: Full-Time Salary Range: $45,000.00 – $80,000 / Per Year
Location: Various Green Dot TN schools
GREEN DOT MEMPHIS:
Green Dot Public Schools is transforming multiple secondary schools within Memphis over the next ten years. Following the opening of our first two Memphis campuses, Fairley High and Wooddale Middle Schools, we are excited to announce that we will be working with Hillcrest High and Kirby Middle Schools for 2016-17. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and an unwavering commitment to each and every student and their potential for success. Our rapidly growing network of over 600 teachers and leaders in Memphis, Tacoma and Los Angeles are on a mission to consistently approach every student not in the terms of where they are today, but in terms of what is possible. We are continuously working to intensify unconventional approaches to teaching by equipping our teachers and leaders with a variety of skills, support and professional development.
Teaching at Green Dot is an incredibly enriching experience that requires perseverance and tenacity. We believe that every child deserves the same equal opportunity to be equipped with the right tools to be successful in college, leadership, and life. By partnering with community leaders and parents, we encourage our teachers to delve into a team-strong mindset with leadership and their students. Each school is equipped with an administrative team that is deeply invested and rooted in the progress of the teachers and staff on their campus. Each teacher also receives support from a curriculum specialist who is devoted to their individual progress, development, and success. This collaborative effort creates effective and sustainable solutions in classroom interventions to propel each teacher to success in each classroom and in all subjects. Just as our teachers invest their time and energy in the progress of their students, we invest our time and energy in the progress of our teachers each and every day. At Green Dot Public Schools you are joining a network and a community that is passionate about excellence. We make it a high priority to cultivate leaders from within who are invested in our mission and believe in rising together to meet the toughest challenges. If you are looking for the chance to drive transformative change in underserved communities and contribute to a national movement to help prepare ALL students for college, leadership, and life, look no further than building your career with Green Dot Public Schools.