Senior Bridge Engineer
Why join us?
Barge Waggoner Sumner and Cannon, Inc. is an engineering and architecture services firm consistently ranked in the top 500 engineering firms in the United States. We have been in business for over 60 years and offer a range of architecture and engineering services to diverse market sectors which include industrial, municipal, commercial, and government clients.
Our primary purpose for being in business is ultimately to create a better life by unleashing the potential of our people, clients and communities. This purpose is supported by our company’s core values because at the end of the day, BWSC CARES:
- Collaborate – Help and expect help. Teamwork is essential in what we do.
- Authentic – Honesty, integrity and trust are at the heart of everything we do. We are who we say we are.
- Responsible – We are accountable for our work, our attitude, and our actions. We make BWSC better.
- Excellence – We go all in and expect more of ourselves than others expect of us.
- Service – We are humble. We use our gifts in service of others.
We believe that if we are living out our purpose for being in business and integrating our values into everything we do, we will ultimately achieve our vision to be the firm best known for being selected when it matters most.
What We’re Looking For
BWSC is currently seeking to fill the position of Senior Bridge Engineer in the Transportation business unit. Office locations could be in Atlanta, GA; Birmingham, AL; Knoxville, TN; or Nashville, TN.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Project planning and organization
- Technical design and construction administration of roadway bridges of varying construction methods
- Preparation and production of reports and bid sets
- Quality control
- Client maintenance
- Supervision and mentoring of other engineers
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- Georgia PE preferred
- 10 – 20 years’ relevant experience working with either Georgia, Tennessee, Ohio or Alabama DOT
- Possess knowledge related to the current Plan Development Process (PDP) and Plan Presentation Guide (PPG)
- Familiarity with current AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design guidelines
- Experience using MicroStation V8 preferred
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret job-related manuals and documents
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced-collaborative team atmosphere with an established group surveyors, civil and transportation engineers, landscape architects and administrative staff.
Enclosed are the City of Memphis job opportunities for Wednesday, May 11, 2016:
- WTP Maintenance Mechanic I (6 opening) Public Works – TE Maxson Plant
- WTP Maintenance Mechanic I (2 openings) Public Works – MC Stiles Plant-North
- WTP Mechanic General Foreman Public Works – TE Maxson Plant-South
- WTP Maintenance Electrician (2 openings) Public Works – MC Stiles Plant-North
- Maintenance Helper Public Works-Lift Stations
- Contract Analyst Finance & Administration
- Manager Compliance Activity Housing & Community Development
- Comprehensive Planning Administrator Housing & Community Development
- Diversity/Contract Analyst Public Works
Memphis City Cartage has current openings for local and regional drivers. Must have a CDL and two years verifiable experience. A clean driver MVR is a must.
Memphis City Cartage is a local company with offices at 3030 Old Horn Lake Rd, Memphis, TN.
Applicants must apply in person Monday thru Friday 7a-5P
For More Information: http://www.memphiscitycartage.com/
FedEx Handler Position
- Application Closing Date N/A
Reserve an appointment at: http://www.fedexhandlerjobs.com/
- 4009 Airways Blvd. – Module N (Memphis, TN) – 9 am to 3 pm Mon-Fri
- 2874 Airport Business Drive – Building D (Memphis, TN) – 8:30 am to 11 am Mon-Wed & Saturday 8:30 am to 1 pm
Applicants must bring two forms of ID.
A Recruitment Event will also be held at Workforce Investment Network on May 19th. Click Here for Details.