Purpose of the Position
The Membership / Finance Secretary is a support position in the organizational functions of ATOP Congregation. This position assists the Administrative Pastor in the physical operations of the church office and supports him/her in maintaining it in an efficient and pleasant manner. Areas of primary responsibilities are membership, contributions, bookkeeping, printing, and mailings.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support the Administrative Pastor, Senior Pastor, Staff Members and Volunteers in clerical tasks that may need to be accomplished as it relates to membership and financial reports.
- Weekly data-entry of membership and visitors’ contribution. Post the weekly offerings to membership accounts and make these records available in printed form semi-annually and annually. These individual records are to be organized for distribution to members on a semi-annual and annual basis.
- Maintain current member information in the database, assign member numbers and prepare membership reports as required. Keep membership records current when changes occur such as: marriage, address change, transfers, baptisms, deaths, etc.
- Mail visitor, baptism, and new member letters as required.
- Support the ministries leaders and volunteers in office tasks.
- Backup Secretary/Receptionist by answering telephone and relay telephone messages to proper party. (If volunteer is not present).
Contributions /Weekly Offerings
- Post offering envelope receipts to individual accounts.
- Submit Cash Receipts Sheet weekly to Administrative Pastor for receipt posting to Finance Module.
- Print and organize Contribution Statements semi-annually and annually for distribution to members via bulk mail by sorting and labeling per post office specifications.
- Process account payables for all companies (ATOP, Miracle Car Wash, NexLevel Youth, etc.)
- Process payroll and pay all state and federal taxes
- Make sure all accounting software is updated and perform daily back-up
- Analyze and print tax reports for correct payment to Department of Revenue for sales.
- Submit all necessary information to CPA to prepare quarterly tax reports. Maintain file copies.
Book Store/Miscellaneous Clerical Tasks
- Work in bookstore, maintain inventory and process sales.
- Handle the purchase of CDs and supplies for the media ministry.
- Be familiar with and function within the guidelines of the church Policies and Procedures in order to advise other staff members, church members, volunteers, and visitors of ATOP.
- Minimum two years of college with accounting courses plus 2 years of equivalent work experience or High school diploma with 5 years experience in accounting or related field; preferred experience with accounting software.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Good organizational, communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Fair Accounting Principles
- Desire to serve God through the ministry of finance
- Ability to use Word and Excel and other accounting software
- Knowledge of (or ability to learn) Shelby Systems software is required
- Must be able to communicate with interpersonal skills and interact with congregation, church officers and staff in a positive and professional manner
- The Church Membership / Finance Secretary report to the Administrative Pastor.
- Prefer a committed Christian who is an active member of a church. Membership at ATOP is not required.
Hours and Compensation:
- The Church Membership / Finance Secretary position is full time. Compensation is based on qualifications and experience. Benefits include Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays.
- Anointed Temple of Praise Outreach Ministries, Inc.
- 3939 Riverdale Road, Memphis, TN 38115
Application Closing Date
- June 20th
- All applicants should email their resume and cover letter to Tiffany Richmond, Administrative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org