Grace House of Memphis
Announcement Date: 1/14/2016
Position Title: Residential Rehabilitation Counselor
Treating women with Alcohol, Drug, and Co-occurring Disorders in a home-like setting.
Department: Primary House Residential Rehabilitation Program
Reports to: Clinical Director
Days/Hours: Mon-Fri, 40 Hours/ 3-11p shifts
Salary: Determined based on education & experience
Deadline to Apply: Until position filled
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Deliver counseling and group services to women with alcohol, drugs, and co-occurring mental disorders in a structured treatment program (ASAM Level III.5 & III.3), in a home-like setting.
- Provide case management to special needs and homeless population.
- Be responsible for helping to overseeing the needs of the residential facility.
- Monitor clients and assist in day to day operations of the house.
- Reports and Recordkeeping
- Bachelor’s Degree in social science field, Master’s degree in a social science field required.
- LADAC or other related license preferred.
- Experience working with addiction, co-occurring population, criminal justice population in a 12 Step based program
- Prefer experience in a home-like residential setting.
- A working knowledge of the 12 Steps. Prefer a LADAC or a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- If in recovery, a minimum of 5 years continuous sobriety.
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal, written and computer skills. Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Internet use.
- Motivated to carry out directives with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of community resources and case management experience.
- Understand and practice various therapeutic approaches to counseling and case management.
- Knowledge of trauma informed care, and therapeutic community.
- A positive, professional demeanor and maturity; the ability to deal with clients, the public and co-workers; exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Submit a criminal background check, and must not currently be under supervision of the courts.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email or fax a current resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and list of 3 professional references to:
Veronica Brown: firstname.lastname@example.org
or fax to: 901-722-9023
Grace House strives to provide the highest quality of care possible to women who are experiencing major life problems due to substance use disorders or co-occurring disorders in an environment that preserves and promotes the dignity of the woman served without regard to race, color, creed, gender, economic or social circumstances, or sexual orientation, or national origin. No woman is denied treatment because of a lack of resources. Grace House of Memphis is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit, and a United Way agency. We are licensed by the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, and accredited by CARF, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
Grace House’s mission: To empower women and their families by removing barriers and restoring hope.