POSITION: CNI Project Manager (Grant Funded/Durational)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Position Summary: Will provide a wide range of services in support of the day to day management of the South City (SC) Choice Neighborhoods Implementation Program. The Transformation Plan is primarily funded under HUD’s Choice Neighborhood Initiative (CNI) for the transformation of the Foote Homes public housing development and surrounding neighborhood.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the Director of Special Projects and the Executive Director. Organizes, plans, develops and implements a comprehensive plan to manage the project scope, schedules, and budget for a delivery of successful program goals;
- Engage in regular communication and coordination of CNI activities with the City of Memphis Division of Housing and Community Development’s liaison to the project;
- Develop detailed work plans and program budgets, including identifying and utilizing outside funding sources to implement program objectives consistent with the Choice Neighborhood Grant. Report on progress toward meeting work plan goals and budget;
- Provide day to day supervision of the SC Implementation Working Team to ensure that all phases of the work are on schedule and within budget and all leveraged resources are used effectively and efficiently;
- Serve in an advisory capacity to staff and other officials on matters pertaining to the community redevelopment initiative.
- Provides assistance in scope and budget development ensuring appropriate critical elements of such documents conform to standard guidelines and receive the appropriate levels of review.
- Works closely with the developers, contractors, and other partners to ensure compliance with policies and other regulatory procedures
- Represents MHA in the community on a daily basis addressing stakeholder concerns and resolving issues as they arise
- Attend community, special interest group/stakeholder concerns and resolving issues as they arise,
- Coordinate with other neighborhood planning efforts; attend relevant City Council and Committee meetings; and Executive Committee meetings as requested or appropriate.
- Work extensively with community-based organizations, stakeholders, public and private partners and philanthropic organizations, to strategically coordinate the investments in South City
- Engage, serve as a point of contact and manage all third party professional consultants engaged in various aspects of the CNI,
- Coordinate the services and activities of key implementation entities as the impact the neighborhood in an effort to efficiently and effectively advance revitalization efforts.
- Through collaboration with key partners, ensure that CNI’s active projects are being implemented in a timely manner, meet CNI program and partner requirements and ensure adherence to all agreements.
- Anticipate potential challenges in the execution of the CNI activities and prepares and executes alternative plan to ensure the agreed upon program outcomes are achieved.
- Collect and analyze data for planning, tracking and ongoing improvement of the South City neighborhood and for the coordinating data collection with other key partners involved with the Transformation Plan
- Ensure contract compliance with all HUD, Federal, State, and Local Government laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Perform other job related tasks and duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Urban Affairs, Urban Planning, Public Administration, Real Estate Development or related area of study with a minimum of five (5) years of related work experience. Proficiency in community redevelopment and cultivating public private partnerships; Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills; ability to cultivate and maintain effective relationships with government, business, political and community leaders; Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals from various racial, cultural, ethnic backgrounds, Ability to manage a high workload, multiple projects, and competing priorities, Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and an ability to work well under pressure, High ethical standards and values, Knowledge of local, state and national policies, issues and best practices regarding community re-development and affordable housing; Ability to gather, analyze and synthesize data; Strong computer skills; demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and other software programs.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The primary work performed will include making routine visits to an active construction site to attend weekly construction meetings, to monitor the progress of the physical redevelopment activities and attend other team meetings. Will require walking, standing and must be able to lift and or move up to 20 pounds.
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume and salary history to: Memphis Housing Authority, 700 Adams Ave., Memphis, TN 38105 Attn: Human Resources Department, or email to email@example.com or apply in person between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00p.m M-F. All applications/resume must be received by 4:00 p.m. on June 27, 2016.
Notice To Applicants: Felony records will be reviewed and drug testing shall be required prior to employment. A physical examination limited to job-related necessity may also be required. Testing for some positions, oral and/or written, may be administered based on job-related functions.
MEMPHIS HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Appointments will be based on qualifications related to the position requirements without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or handicap.