Virtuous Beacon Association
The Virtuous Beason Association (VBA) is a 501(c) 3 organization that serves as a certified intermediary for the U.S. Department of Labor. VBA is a community service organization that provides high quality training to individuals interested in a career within the Medical Machining industry. We provide participants with job readiness skills that are industry specific and employability skills that are transferrable to any industry.
Training Type : Machine Technology Training Program
Training Days and Hours
Wednesdays 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Saturdays 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
This program will provide basic knowledge of machining and machine shop practices. This program offers a great opportunity for an entry level placement into the Medical Machining industry. The classroom training is designed to provide competency that leads to development as a skilled craftsman: CNC Machinist Operator, CNC Set-up Operators, and Machinists.
Additional Training Information
- 6- Week intensive program that will provide basic knowledge of machine shop tools, and machine operation.
- Classroom instructions under the guidance of skilled machinists and subject matter experts.
- Hands-on training focused on achieving NIMS machining entry level credentialing.
- Trained to be committed to a high standard of safety and able to comply with all safety laws regulated by OSHA safety policies and standards; will be able to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
- Skills and knowledge development to make appropriate progress necessary to build basic knowledge and skill set required to pass the U.S. Department of Labor certification examinations.
- Skills and training to meet the minimum requirements to be “Program Ready” to start the registered apprenticeship program.
- Upon completion of the training program and passing a skill mastery test with 80% or higher proficiency, participants will be interviewed for job placement and admittance into a U.S. Department of Labor certified registered apprenticeship program.
- Minimum age 16 to participate, must be 18 prior to being indentured
- Valid state/federal issued ID
- Drug free (Mandatory random drug testing)
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Good problem solving skills to make effective and reasonable decisions under pressure
- Must be able to manage and resolve conflicts
- Math Proficiency Preferred
Applications for training are accepted on-going throughout the year