Memphis Housing Authority
700 Adams Avenue, Memphis, TN 38105
TITLE: Executive Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Position Summary: Provide high level administrative support to the Executive Director
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as the point of contact for the Executive Director. Answer telephone, schedule appointments, receive information and relay messages; handle incoming and outgoing mail; prepare documents, compose and distribute correspondences, route and file documents as required.
- Perform a variety of administrative support duties, such as researching, locating and assembling information for various reports, briefings, conferences; follow-up with staff members to insure various commitments, reporting responsibilities and assignments are completed and/or submitted.
- Maintain confidential files, handle complaints, requests and inquiries; refer questions to the appropriate departments/staff for resolution.
- Receive and screen visitors, maintain appointment book, set meetings, assist at special functions, schedule travel and secure accommodations.
- Advise Executive Director of office or procedural problems, and other matters that need attention.
- Prepare and verify various forms, reports, presentations and spreadsheets, requisition supplies and maintain adequate supply of office supplies; performs miscellaneous typing/filing and enter/retrieve data utilizing computer equipment; utilize word processing and various other software packages such as Microsoft Office, to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Provide clerical/administrative services to the Executive Director and or; maintain close coordination with Executive staff.
- Serve as personal assistant to the Executive Director and Secretary to the Board of Commissioners.
- Serve as administrative assistant to the Executive Director with responsibilities for the administrative and support operations of the Executive Department and Board of Commissioners. May occasionally be called upon to provide administrative support services subject to the needs and approval of the Executive Director.
- Perform other duties as directed.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN:
The Executive Director makes assignments by defining goals, objectives, priorities, deadlines and assists with unusual situations that do not have clear precedents.
Perform recurring assignments independently but request assistance for help when unsure.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) plus three years of post high school training or business school with training in Office Administration or related area, and a minimum of five years of experience as an administrative assistant.
OTHER: Must type 50 wpm. Must have an occupationally significant combination of knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office software; ability to multi-task and work with a diverse population; ability to compose and edit letters, memorandums, prepare reports with accuracy, maintain records, develop filing systems, schedule appointments and take notes at meetings. Must have knowledge of the application of the proper rules of grammar, spelling and punctuation. Must have excellent oral communications skills and the numerical ability necessary to make arithmetic calculations when compiling and auditing budget reports and expense accounts; must be able to maintain confidentiality, utilize tact, diplomacy, sound judgment and discretion.
Work is performed in an office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated.
May have to lift documents, files, etc. weighing approximately ten pounds; bending or stooping may be required in the course of routine filing and must be able to operate routine office equipment (computer terminals, copiers, etc.) with accuracy and proficiency for prolonged periods of time.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to: Memphis Housing Authority, 700 Adams Avenue. Memphis, TN 38105 Attn: Human Resources Department or email to email@example.com you may also apply in person between the hours of 9:00a.m. & 4:00p.m. Monday thru Friday.
All Applications/resumes must be received by 4:00p.m. August 12, 2016
Notice to Applicants: Felony Records will be reviewed and drug testing shall be required prior to employment. A physical examination limited to job related necessity may also be required. Testing for some positions, oral and/or written may be administered based on job related functions.
MEMPHIS HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Appointments will be based on qualifications related to the position requirements without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or handicap.