Job Opening Announcement
1407 Union Avenue, Suite 200, Memphis, TN 38104
Position: Clinical Denials Analyst
Posting Date: 08/12/2016
Location: 1407 Union Avenue, Suite 200
Department: Clinical Denials
This position completes the research of unpaid insurance claims that have been denied due to CPT or ICD-9 coding issues. Effectively recommends changes for improved documentation or coding in order to sustain billing compliance, documents proper charging/bill practices and maintains denial resolution level statistics. Monitors changes in billing practice, records and responds to documentation and coding discrepancies.
Ensures and maintains the confidentiality of patient information and other UTMG business information in accordance with HIPAA and other compliance standards. Complies with the Code of Conduct and other established policies, including but not limited to compliance, quality and safety. Acts in accordance with UT Medical Groups mission at all times.
KEY RESULT AREAS (KRA’s)
- Coding appeals claim resolutions
- Contract management effectiveness
- Issue/Notification Resolution
- Preventable write offs
- Effective Insurance company relationships
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Medical Terminology required
- 2-4 years of experience in medical billing is required; a college degree is preferred
- Strong motivation and initiative and high levels of maturity and judgment are required
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are required
- Computer knowledge: Excel required, Word preferred
- Knowledgeable with ICD-9 and CPT coding; CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
- Knowledgeable with the use and function of modifiers in CPT coding
- IDX experience preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of persons so assigned.
Salary Grade: 07
Appointments will be based on merit as it relates to position requirements without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Successful candidates must submit documentation verifying employment eligibility and identity and successfully pass a drug test to be employed by Partners
Central Business Office. If you are an existing employee, contact your supervisor, and then forward your Transfer/Promotion form, updated resume, and most recent Performance Appraisal to Human Resources. External candidates should submit a resume to Partners CBO Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org. Partners
Central Business Office endeavors to make contact accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding this job posting, please contact Human Resources at 901-275-3663.