Organizational Development Advisor
Job ID: 1802747BR
Address: 50 FedEx Parkway
Address 2: 3rd Floor
Zip Code: 38017
Job Category: Human Resources
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 300,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer. Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years: • FORTUNE Magazine: No. 8 among “World’s Most Admired Companies” and No. 1 in the delivery industry (2014) • Glassdoor, Employees’ Choice Awards: “Top 50 Best Places to Work” (2014) • FORTUNE Magazine: “100 Best Companies to Work For” (2013) • Computerworld: “100 Best Places to Work in IT” (2013) • Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” (2014) When 300,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply Now’ and tell us more about yourself.
Position Summary and Essential Duties
Under moderate supervision, provides specialized professional expertise to management on a broad range of human resource issues, and applies scientific expertise to key HR programs and processes. Designs and delivers organizational development processes, programs, and solutions that facilitate the alignment of talent throughout the organization. Leads cross-functional team and/or cross-company projects with moderate to large scope and complexity. Plans, communicates, implements, and controls activities and/or programs to ensure maximum efficiency, cost effectiveness, and adherence to corporate HR philosophy, policies, and procedures.
Job Specific Information
FedEx is looking for an experienced organizational development professional to provide support for selection and other organizational effectiveness projects. This position is part of the Organizational Effectiveness and Systems team whose mission is to develop and administer performance management programs; develop and implement selection assessments and tools in order to improve organizational performance and enhance the work environment; support regulatory compliance; and to provide system administration of FedEx Services and Enterprise HR systems in order to support an increasingly effective work force.
- Development, validation, and implementation of selection tools, including interview guides and aptitude/skills/personality assessments
- Develop, validate, and maintain competency libraries
- Develop, pilot, and launch innovative programs and processes to support the business
- Develop and deliver education on a variety of topics including: change management, performance culture, and selection processes
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities Considered a Plus
- PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology would be a plus
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Partnering with the business to develop innovative programs that align with the company’s strategy
- Building tools to support performance processes, coaching, and feedback
- Development, validation, and implementation of selection tools, including interview guides and aptitude/skills/personality assessments.
- Designing and conducting job analysis; developing competency models
- Leading cross-functional and/or cross-operating company projects with moderate to large scope and complexity
- Developing and implementing successful solutions to complex problems; conducting data analysis and reporting
- Developing and delivering communications, both oral and written, to all levels of management including executives
- Strong teamwork, customer focus, initiative, problem solving and communication skills
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Master’s degree in industrial/organizational psychology or related discipline and three (3) years of experience directly related to the position. Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations, uniform guidelines on employee selection procedures, and standards for educational and psychological tests. Knowledge of organizational development concepts. Knowledge of survey design and administration. Knowledge of quantitative methods used to solve practical problems including multivariate techniques. Ability to use computerized statistical analysis systems in conjunction with a personal computer platform. Strong analytical and communication skills with emphasis on clear non-technical written communication of complex information.
FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.