MEMPHIS HOUSING AUTHORITY JOB POSTING NOTICE
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: Felony records will be reviewed and drug testing shall be required prior to employment. A physical examination limited to job-related necessity may also be required. Testing for some positions, oral and/or written, may be administered based on job-related functions.
POSITION: RECERTIFICATION/ADMISSIONS SPECIALIST No. of Positions (1) DEPARTMENT: GENERAL SERVICES (Asset Management)
POSTING DATE: 9/30/16 POSTING EXPIRATION DATE: 10/14/16
Minimum Qualifications: Some college with job-related experience and training in fields of business or related area. Knowledge of and experience in public housing procedures are highly desirable. Must be familiar with basic office equipment. Must demonstrate the ability to work with all types of people. Must be familiar with computer operation including Excel, Microsoft Word. Must have good working knowledge of other governmental agencies. Must have caseload management experience. Must be able to perform basic accounting duties. Must pass interviewing pre-test (exercise in Word and Excel).
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtain and verify information regarding tenant income and files.
- Process, complete and audit all recertification and income changes completing necessary paperwork and forms using basic accounting principles and in accordance with current Memphis Housing Authority and Department of Housing and Urban Development guidelines.
- Coordinate all tenant recertification and conduct mass and individual briefing sessions with families.
- Recommend tenants who fail to complete the recertification process in a timely fashion for lease cancellation with proper documentation.
- Input certified tenant income and family data into centralized computer system and submit required change form to the accounting department.
- Type letters, reports, memorandums, requisitions, etc., or related items as needed.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Applications may be filed at Memphis Housing Authority, 700 Adams Ave., Memphis, TN 38105. All applications must reach the Authority before the close of business on 10/14/16.
MEMPHIS HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Appointments will be based on merit as it relates to position requirements without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or disability.