If you are hoping to join a long-standing, local, family business, now is your chance.
Corky’s BBQ and Simply Delicious Catering will host a job fair to fill an estimated 50 positions at all Corky’s Memphis-area locations; Simply Delicious Catering; and Prime Time Strategic Partners, their food shipping company.
The job fair will take place at Corky’s Cordova at 1740 N Germantown Parkway, Cordova, TN 38016 on Thursday, October 20 from 2 – 6 p.m.
Source: Corky’s BBQ, Simply Delicious Catering looks to fill 50 position – WMC Action News 5 – Memphis, Tennessee
City of Memphis Job Opportunities for Wednesday. October 12, 2016:
- Budget Contract Coordinator Executive
- Community Engagement Specialist Executive
- Business Services Coordinator Finance & Administration
- Painter General Services
- Right of Way Agent General Services
- Police Finance Administrator Police Services
- Telecommunications Analyst Information Systems
- Information Security Analyst Information Systems
- Heavy Equipment Operator General Services
Apply Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/memphistn
Full Descriptions: com-10122016-job-postings
- GENERAL WAREHOUSE
- MATERIAL HANDLERS
- DOCUMENT SCANNERS
- FORKLIFT OPERATORS
Apply in person 9:00 am – 1:00 pm the week of 10/17/16-10/21/2016 at 5118 Park Ave., Ste 240, Memphis, TN 38118 (Eastgate Shopping Center)
or Online at https://www.randstadusa.com/
Aspire Teacher Residency (ATR)
Aspire Public Schools, California’s top-performing large, high-poverty school system, changes the odds for low-income students. Currently, Aspire educates over 15,000 students in 40 schools in California and Memphis, TN and makes a promise to every single Aspire student: College for Certain. Over the past six years, nearly 100% of Aspire’s seniors graduated with admission to a four-year college or university.
The Aspire Teacher Residency (ATR) is an intensive teacher training program that recruits and trains talented individuals of all ages and backgrounds to become highly-effective teachers. Similar to the medical residency model, ATR prepares teachers by pairing theory and practice through master’s level coursework and classroom practicum. The goal is to provide Teacher Residents with the theory and give them the opportunity to apply it in practice with the support of a successful Mentor Teacher.
Aspire is a national organization with schools in California and Tennessee. Residency opportunities are available in both states. We are currently offering two programs:
- ATR – California program: Train at an Aspire school in California for one year, then teach with Aspire in California for 3 years (or more!). Residency placements are available in East Palo Alto, Oakland, Richmond, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Stockton and Modesto.
- ATR – Memphis program: Train at an Aspire school in Memphis, TN for one year, then teach and help open new Aspire schools in Memphis for 3 years (or more!).
The program offers:
- A Master of Arts in Education and Teaching Credential (Multiple Subject, English, Math, Science, Social Studies, or Special Education) from the University of the Pacific (CA) or Relay Graduate School of Education (Memphis, TN) at a deeply discounted tuition rate
- A $13,500 stipend, plus medical benefits, for the first year
- The opportunity to work in a classroom with a highly-effective Mentor Teacher four days/week for an entire school year
- Priority hiring for a teaching position at an Aspire school and tuition-reimbursement benefits for Residents who successfully complete the first year
Application Closing Date: December 2, 2016
Go to the following website to apply: http://aspirepublicschools.org/join/atr/how-apply/
For additional questions feel free to email Terrell Washington, our Memphis Recruiter, at email@example.com