The Neighborhood Christian Centers, Inc. is looking for a creative and enthusiastic person for our Development Department. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Anyone interested in applying and want to be considered for an interview, please forward your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12:00p on Friday, October 21, 2016. Please see the job description below.
GRAPHIC DESIGN SPECIALIST
HOURS: 40 Hours per week
COMPENSATION: $28,000.00 (Annually)
General Purpose of Position:
Provides marketing/administrative support to Development Department under the supervision of the Chief Development & Communications Officer.
- Design and update brochures, flyers, posters, other marketing materials for NCC and all NCC Departments
- Design and update organizational power points
- Obtains approval of concepts by submitting rough layouts for approval to Manager of Development and CDCO
- Update NCC’s website for design, current events and programs
- Assist Development Manager in executing Social Media Plan
- Create and edit videos for fundraising, programs, website and social media
- Design theme for all newsletters, appeal letters, invitations, etc.
- Fully prepare marketing materials for distribution (printing, photocopying, cutting, pasting, photography, etc.)
- Manage Acknowledgement Letters Process
- Provide administrative assistance to Chief Development & Communications Officer
- Amateur Digital Photography
- Attend NCC Events as needed
- Provide operational support to Development Department (maintaining inventory of necessary Development Dept. supplies, ordering supplies, etc.)
- Provide other duties for organization, as needed
- Have a thorough knowledge of and operate according to NCC’s policies and procedure manual.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design
- Organization and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand multi-step written and oral procedures/instructions
- Adherence to NCC policies/procedures, including safety practices
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate knowledge and use of MS Office Suite (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, Adobe, and other graphic design software)
- Interest in and the ability to articulate the NCC Statement of Faith, Mission and Values
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license and insurance
- Occasional off-campus travel is required (Fundraising events, etc.)