Memphis Brooks Museum of Art
1934 Poplar Avenue, Memphis, TN 38104
Job Posting: Janitorial Technician Position
Full time position- up to 40 hours a week
Work Schedule- Tuesday thru Saturday
The Janitorial Technician is responsible for maintaining a healthy, clean environment and providing quality care of the museum for our patrons, vendors and staff.
- All trash and recycle receptacles are to be emptied then moved to the appropriate collection point.
- Dust all horizontal surfaces, vacuum all public and nonpublic areas.
- Dust mop and wet mop all hard surface flooring, damp wipe using industry standard disinfectant products.
- Must stock various cleaning products, clean and operate various cleaning equipment.
- Must be able to use a buffer, strip and wax floors, use auto scrubbers, wash walls and clean blinds.
Janitorial Technicians shall observe all security procedures while working inside or outside of the building.
This position will work with other staff as needed to prepare for internal/external events, setting up tables and chairs, ensure that the kitchen and associated areas are clean at all times, break down for events(tables, chairs, PA system and etc.).
This position requires walking, standing, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching and climbing. This position also requires lifting at least 50 pounds. Must be a self starter, follow verbal and written instructions, be a good communicator, have a good attitude and be a team player.
WE ARE ACCEPTING RESUMES ONLY AT THIS TIME: APPLICANTS MAY DROP RESUMES OFF AT THE BROOKS MUSEUM , Attention: Johnny Hill or email resumes to : Johnny.firstname.lastname@example.org