School Operations Manager (2017-18)
ABOUT GREEN DOT:
Green Dot Public Schools is transforming multiple secondary schools within Memphis. Following the opening of our first four Memphis campuses, Fairley High, Hillcrest High, Kirby Middle and Wooddale Middle Schools, we are excited to announce that we will be operating an independent charter high school beginning in 2017. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and an unwavering commitment to each and every student and their potential for success. Our rapidly growing network of over 600 teachers and leaders in Memphis, Tacoma and Los Angeles are on a mission to consistently approach every student not in the terms of where they are today, but in terms of what is possible. We are continuously working to intensify unconventional approaches to teaching by equipping our staff with a variety of skills, support and professional development.
At Green Dot Public Schools you are joining a network and a community that is passionate about excellence. We make it a high priority to cultivate leaders from within who are invested in our mission and believe in rising together to meet the toughest challenges. If you are looking for the chance to drive transformative change in underserved communities and contribute to a national movement to help prepare ALL students for college, leadership, and life, look no further than building your career with Green Dot Public Schools.
The School Operations Manager (SOM) is critical to the successful and efficient operation of Green Dot’s schools. The SOM manages all non-instructional functions of the school, enabling the Principal and other instructional staff to focus on student achievement. Responsibilities include managing Finance & Purchasing, Student Information & Reporting, Facilities, Student Enrollment, Student Health and Safety, Event Planning & Coordination and Federal and State Compliance. The SOM also manages a school operations team and reports to the Principal. S/he will receive support and guidance from Green Dot’s Director of Finance and Operations to successfully carry out these responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Team Management: Manages school operations team; sets both performance and development goals for the team members; collaborates with the broader Green Dot school operations staff learning community, including other School Operations Managers, to drive operational best practices across the region
- Finance and Purchasing: Oversees procurement and purchasing for the school including placing orders, inventorying items received and handling returns/exchanges. Manages cash receipts, deposits, payroll, staff reimbursement forms and substitute teacher tracking; coordinates with Green Dot’s Finance & Accounting Team to ensure effective implementation of financial policies; provides assistance to the Principal with budget management
- Student Information and Reporting: Manages the student information system and attendance reporting and intervention process; coordinates with Green Dot’s Knowledge Management Team with regards to data audits and reporting; ensures confidentiality and security of files and all information pertaining to students, parents, staff, and community
- Facilities: Manages routine maintenance requests for school in Green Dot’s work order system, ensuring maintenance, janitorial and pest control services are properly carried out; oversees the upkeep of the school’s facilities and coordinates with Green Dot’s Facilities Team to implement school facility projects
- Student Enrollment: Manages enrollment cycle at the school and admissions and enrollment database with support from Green Dot’s Operations Team, including student recruitment and parent enrollment orientations
- Student Health and Safety: Manages school safety processes and compliance including administering trainings, coordinating drills and safety audits and acting as a liaison with security vendor; partners with Principal and Green Dot’s Security Team to respond to emergencies
- Event Planning & Coordination: Plans and coordinates logistics for school events and activities as needed, including back to school nights and parent conferences/meetings; coordinates with bus company for regular and field trip transportation
- State & Federal Compliance: Ensures compliance requirements are completed on time
- Oversees other tasks or special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required
- Minimum two years of professional experience; four preferred with at least one year experience managing others or multiple large scale projects
- Demonstrated initiative, leadership and tenacity
- Acute attention to detail coupled with the ability to think and act strategically
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Prior school experience a plus
- Spanish language fluency a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook; comfortable learning new computer programs
- Ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure
- Ability to maintain a positive, “can-do” attitude at all times
- High level of personal responsibility and drive toward ambitious goals
- Commitment to customer service
- Ability to complete tasks and projects effectively and on-time
- Ability to exercise discretion in the dissemination of information.
- Commitment to the mission of Green Dot Public Schools
This employer strives for a balanced, productive workforce, which is diverse in terms of age, gender, and cultural identity. We do not base hiring or promotional decisions on factors other than performance and professional growth potential. Please note that we are unable to sponsor H-1B Visa applicants.
The salary for this position will be $50,000 – $55,000, commensurate with experience. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan as well as the opportunity to impact a growing, mission-driven organization that is committed to the success of all students.
Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. We anticipate a March 1, 2017 fulltime start date.