Job Summary: Safely operate Mid-South Food Bank vehicles and accurately pull orders for pickup and delivery.
- Identify target stores by using the RSDP Opportunity Report provided by Feeding America
- Create an onsite visitation plan.
- Create a store donation toolkit used when visiting stores.
- Create and maintain a contact data base.
- Become familiar with the receipt process for tracking and reporting donated pounds of food.
- Work with Agency Relations to establish a process for managing agencies participating in RSDP.
- Establish guidelines for Food Bank staff to ensure stores are ready for driver pickups and are following donation guidelines.
- Act as liaison between agencies and stores to increase donation frequency.
- Develop a plan to recognize retailers, working with Food Bank communications staff for food bank newsletter, website, social media, awards, etc.
- Develop and maintain a weekly activity report on donor visits and store-level interactions.
- Learn and develop a program for agency personnel on the use of Online Marketplace for RSDP.
Mobile Pantry Coordinator
Job Summary: The Mobile Pantry Coordinator is responsible for collaborating with Mid-South Food Bank Partner Agencies and other community organizations in high need areas to provide access to fresh produce, frozen products and other close dated products. The mobile provides direct service to clients in an outdoor setting or in a large indoor space.
- Work with agency relations manager to establish host agencies and advise on site selection, screening techniques, volunteers and publicity
- Recruit a Mobile Pantry Volunteer Site Coordinator for each Mobile Pantry host site.
- Provide training to Mobile Pantry volunteers on proper safe food handling.
- Create and provide Mobile Pantry Site Coordinator with all screening and event promotion materials.
- Develop Mobile Pantry logistics/maps to ensure efficient distributions with host sites.
- Work with Director of Operations to designate grocery items for mobile pantry distribution
- Coordinate and stage prior to Mobile Pantry distributions all food products.
- Create invoice for all Mobile Pantry distributions for receipt of product delivered and payment required.
- Work with Transportation Manager to schedule mobile pantry deliveries
- Attend distributions
- Maintain accurate records of all distributions.
- Maintain at all times volunteer, client, and food safety.
- 2 years of college or customer service experience
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Must be highly motivated and possess a positive attitude
- Ability to maintain organized and detailed records and report on outcomes/results
- Ability to learn about food industry operations in order to relate to decision makers
- Proficiency in creating and maintaining computer generated database programs; ability to learn inventory software program
- Strong communications skills including excellent oral and written abilities
- Must have insured vehicle, current valid Driver’s License and willingness to travel within Mid-South Food Bank’s service area.
- Acceptance of food banking philosophy
Job Summary: Assume full responsibility of the day-to-day operations in product reclaim and volunteer sort process.
Must be able to lead volunteers effectively training on the proper way to sort donated product and uphold all safe food handling requirements.
- Must meet daily production goals.
- Support the operation of the Kroger reclamation process as related to salvage distribution
- Ensure that salvage is properly cleaned, presorted, packaged and labeled for distribution to Food Bank agencies
- Train and assign duties to volunteer sort groups and community service workers
- Ensure that equipment is clean and operating properly
- Ensure that the warehouse facility meets the Feeding America and Memphis and Shelby County Health Department’s guidelines by assisting in daily cleaning of the salvage and reclamation areas
- Maintain working relationships that ensure the success of the Food Bank programs. This includes maintaining positive interpersonal relationships with donors, volunteers, agency representatives, Food Bank management and staff
- High school diploma or equivalent with the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of good record keeping procedures and the ability to maintain accurate and legible records and current files
- Basic computer skills and the ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Ability to operate a forklift and a manual or powered pallet jack, forklift certification a plus
- Ability to successfully complete a Safe Food Handling Course
- Ability to work well with donors, volunteers, agency representatives, volunteers, senior aides and other Food Bank staff
- Acceptance of philosophy of food banking
- Other duties as assigned
MSFB Mission: We change lives by eliminating hunger in the Mid-South
MSFB Vision: Hunger to Hope
- Collaboration Dignity & Respect
How to Apply:
Apply in person Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m.- 4 p.m., South Dudley St., Memphis, TN 38104. No phone calls, please. Or, download the Employment Application and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Employment Application” on subject line.