Primary Location: US-TN-Memphis
The Linehaul Supervisor will manage activates of the road/sleeper drivers. Manage driver performance and training to maximize effective utilization of resources and to ensure customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate company safety program enforces safety rules and compliance with all government regulations. Maintain a safe work environment at all times.
- Dispatch drivers and equipment to ensure efficient utilization and minimum delay time. Maintain communication and ensure employees have adequate knowledge and resources to accomplish assigned duties while promoting safe work processes.
- Manage work assignments, monitor performance and provide training on duties, policies and procedures.
- Handle customer service calls to answer customer questions and communicate the status of customer freight to the customer.
- Utilize work method programs for training and education to motivate employees to improve performance and quality of work.
- Communicate clear performance expectations to ensure high-performance work environment and proactively provide specific, balanced and timely coaching/feedback to reinforce and encourage high performance and promote a culture of teamwork.
- Coordinate equipment repair with appropriate maintenance staff to reduce mechanical failures and delays.
- Complete necessary paperwork/data entry accurately and in a timely manner to ensure an efficient and steady flow of information.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA).
- Communicate with Central Dispatch Office (CDO) for proper driver and equipment positioning throughout the distribution
- Interact with facility Dock & Yard Operations, along with clerical personnel, to properly service customer shipments in a timely/cost effective fashion.
- High Levels of Integrity and Trust – Adheres to moral, ethical, and professional standards, regulations, and organizational policies; keeps commitments to promised actions.
- Composed in Extreme Pressure Situations – Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (e.g., experiencing time pressure, conflict, or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Prioritizes Key Tasks – Identifies more critical and less critical activities and tasks; adjusts priorities when appropriate.
- Focused on Customers – Ensuring that the internal or external customer’s perspective is a driving force behind strategic priorities, business decisions, organizational processes, and individual activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs; promoting and operationalizing customer service as a value.
- Effective Planner – Plans work for team and self to create efficiencies.
- Great at Motivating Others – Motivating increased employee effort by communicating a compelling view of the organization’s purpose and its future state in a way that helps others understand the importance of their contributions and feel how outcomes will be different when progress is achieved.
- Effective Time Management – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Perseveres Through Difficult Times – Demonstrates an understanding of own emotional triggers, strengths, and development needs as well as the impact of own behavior on others.
- Highly Effective Communication Skills – Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Skilled Problem Solver – Has operational capacity that allows an understanding and ability to work through the challenges of the position.
- Goal Oriented – ambitious in nature, working to better the team as a whole by exceeding key metrics.
- Delegates Effectively – Identifying and leveraging opportunities to accelerate results and build capability by assigning tasks and decision-making responsibilities to individuals or teams with clear boundaries, expectations, support, and follow-up.
- Develops Subordinates – Planning and supporting the development of individuals’ knowledge, skills, and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job responsibilities more effectively.
- Action Oriented – Ability to learn quickly and apply learning when decisions need to be made and work is being accomplished.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Effective organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated Leadership and supervisory capabilities.
- Must be flexible, willing to work any schedule, including weekends and holidays, in all types of weather
- Bachelor’s degree in transportation, business or related area.
- Knowledge of local applicable collective bargaining agreements.
- Proven knowledge of computer applications (MS office).
- Knowledge of company policy, procedures and applicable collective bargaining agreements
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Continually speaking and hearing, giving and receiving directions. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials is required.
To apply, click here
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans