Creative Aging, a local non-profit that brings the arts to seniors where they live and gather is looking for a new Executive Director.
Reports to: Creative Aging Board of Directors
Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the executive director is responsible for overall management and operation of Creative Aging and stewardship of the organization’s financial assets while ensuring compliance with Board directives and applicable grantor, federal and state requirements.
Strategy and Planning
- Drive a collaborative process with the Board of Directors, staff and members that results in the development of goals, objectives and operational plans for the organization.
- Utilize performance measurements to guide strategic and operational decision-making.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures subject to approval by the Board of Directors.
Budget and Finance
- Develop and implement organizational budget
- Issue and record all transactions.
- Maintain a monthly spread sheet report of finances as specified by the Treasurer and the Executive Committee.
Revenue Generation/Fundraising/Development and Grant Management
- Direct all fundraising and development efforts.
- Increase fundraising and development opportunities to support existing programming and expand depth and breadth of new programming.
- Solicit funds including major gifts, federal and state grants, special events, corporate and foundation support.
- Expand and diversify Creative Aging’s donor base.
- Support board members in taking a more active role in fundraising.
- Responsible for grants and contracts management.
- Manage Membership program for sustainability and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain official records and documents, ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Submit timely 941 forms and payments, Form 990, and TN Secretary of State Annual Report and Office of Charitable Solicitations.
- Manage IT requirements
Program Development and Management of Creative Aging employees and contract staff
- Develop, implement and supervise programs and services that are consistent with Creative Aging’s mission, vision and strategic plan and meet the needs of Creative Aging’s constituents.
- Evaluate programs with an ongoing evaluation process that can enhance Creative Aging’s grant submissions and outcomes.
- Hire, supervise and evaluate staff and contract employees including Program Coordinator and artists.
- Establish fee agreements with each artist. Ensure Artists’ compliance with Creative Aging agreement outlined in the “Working with Creative Aging” document.
- Identify and recruit additional artists.
Community and Media Relationships
- Implement an annual media plan based on marketing communication plans and events.
- Advocate as chief spokesperson for Creative Aging, its mission and vision. Educate board members as alternate spokespersons.
- Represent Creative Aging to all media. Work to ensure that appropriate Creative Aging representatives are available for media appearances and interviews.
- Network, act as advocate for Creative Aging and establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations
- Participate in all Board meetings, Executive meetings and key fundraiser events. Serve as an adjunct member of all committees.
- Keep Board fully informed on the status of Creative Aging and all important influencing factors and/or issues.
- Work with Board to recruit and engage new Board and committee members.
- Support the Chair’s efforts to implement Board development plan annually.
- Excellent computer skills and comfort with new technologies, with particular emphasis on MS Office, Excel, and website management proficiency
- Superior project-management and organization abilities
- Knowledge of basic principles of budget management and accounting
- Understanding of non-profit organizational structure
- Ability to self-motivate
- Ability to multi-task and meet goals in a timely and effective manner
Education and Experience
- 4 year college degree
- Non-profit management or development experience a plus
To learn more about the organization, visit http://www.creativeagingmidsouth.org/ .
If interested, submit your resume to Meryl Klein at email@example.com.