Event Planning & Production Manager
“Memphis is not a melting pot, but rather a salsa. You can combine all kind of ingredients and these don’t lose their essence. The Bluff City is a story of diversity, flavor and celebration.”
Join the dynamic Latino Memphis team, a group of diverse individuals passionate about Memphis and devoted to connecting, collaborating, and advocating for Latino Memphians. The work of Latino Memphis is a collective approach that aims to create a vibrant Latino middle class in Memphis; a concept that will not only impact Latinos, but the entire community. Latino Memphis remains more committed than ever to raising the voice of Latinos in our region and working toward building a vibrant city.
● The largest Latino-serving nonprofit in West Tennessee
● Latino Memphis has become the go-to organization for issues impacting the Hispanic community in the Mid-South.
● Latino Memphis has over thirty happenings unique to the organization including three large events, the Latino Memphis Festival, Congreso: The Latino Memphis Conference, and Day of the Dead Fiesta.
The Event Planning & Production Manager is responsible for assisting in the creation, development and implementation of special events & projects at Latino Memphis.
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Assist in the coordination, planning and management of special events including but not limited to the Latino Memphis Festival, the multi-day Latino Memphis Conference, the Day of the Dead Fiesta, Turkey Tamales and 20 other happenings.
● Develop a master project plan for each event that details event objectives, enforces and tracks resource requirements, event timelines, details regarding ticketing, schedules, staffing, talent, equipment needs, budget & event status
● Own all logistics of each event, including but not limited to permits, transportation, vendor relationship, safety and risk management, talent management, volunteer management, on-site supervision/coordination, etc.
● Ensure that permits, contracts, deposits, insurance coverage and all event-related documents are properly processed
● Coordinate with other departments to ensure successful delivery of each event
● Research and stay up-to-date on event trends
● Solicit input from community leaders, partners, businesses and sponsors
● Build and maintain strong relationships with event vendors
● Work closely with the Director of Marketing and Director of Development to develop new events that generate revenue and awareness for Latino Memphis
● Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Hospitality, Entertainment, Marketing & Communications, or commensurate experience.
Experience: 3+ years’ experience producing and managing large events
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and ideally in Spanish
● Able to connect with other local organizations and nonprofits to bring awareness about events and increase community engagement
● Able to negotiate contracts and agreements
● Excellent organization skills and experience with managing multiple priorities
● Must be available to work some nights and weekends
● Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, and Social Media Platforms
● Able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
● Able to work independently and as a team player
● Excellent Problem analysis and problem solving skills
● Strong consideration given to bilingual candidates (Spanish)
● Share a passion and commitment to our mission and clients
Compensation: TBD, based on experience.
Latino Memphis is an equal opportunity employer.