Alzheimer’s & Dementia Services of Memphis, Inc., a local, non-profit agency that provides therapeutic activity programs for those living with dementia, is seeking an energetic, compassionate, self motivated Director of Development. The Director of Development will plan and implement all fundraising and development activities.
- Proven experience in development, grant writing and fundraising.
- Excellent writing and computer skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including public speaking to address small and large groups
- Planning skills with strong analytical and research skills
- Must be highly organized, focused and able to multi-task with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and manage tasks from start to finish; but also the desire to work as part of a team, pitching in where needed.
- Flexibility concerning work schedule to accommodate occasional evening and weekend meeting s and events.
- Good judgment, professionalism, tact and good sense of humor
This person should have 3 – 5 years experience in development with annual giving, grant writing and monitoring, in-kind donations stewardship and recording, public relations and community outreach. Will oversee fundraisers and volunteers with department staff. Salary range is $45 – $55,000 depending on experience. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.