Driver for St. Luke’s Challengers After School Program
SUMMARY: The driver transports children to St. Luke’s United Methodist Church from Campus Elementary School. The driver will join in team ministry to provide a safe and secure mode of transportation for the children of St. Luke’s Challengers.
HOURS: Mon.-Fri. 2:00 – 4:30 while school is in session. Other times on school holidays and during summer camp
- Transport children from Campus School to St. Luke’s UMC
- Examine the bus daily to prevent maintenance issues
- Gas up the vehicle as needed
- Take the bus for yearly inspection by state troopers
- Walk through the bus after each trip to ensure no children have been left behind
- Sign transportation logs and preventative maintenance checklists
- Provide positive interaction with the children and teachers
- When parked, help monitor children in the bus
- Maintain a clean bus
- Transport for field trips on special occasions or during breaks
- Attend required transportation trainings (approximately 3-4 per year)
- Make sure transportation rules and regulations are being followed on the bus
- Other duties as assigned by the Director or Assistant Director
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: The driver must be at least 25 years of age and will have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED in addition to an F-endorsement on their Tennessee driver’s license or equivalent as recognized by the Department of Human Services and the Department of Transportation. Obtaining this endorsement entails passing a vision screening and knowledge test. In addition, the driver must pass a drug test and is subject to random drug screening.
REPORTING LINE AND COMPLIANCE: The driver reports directly to the Director. In the absence of the Director, the driver will report to the Assistant Director. The driver will practice diligence in adhering to the churches’ Safe Sanctuary Policy at all times.
Contact: Amy McDonald – 901-458-5831, email@example.com