The Memphis Journal reports that Sedgwick Claims Management Services announced “that it will invest $34 million to consolidate its headquarters into a single campus, with research and development functions at the site, as well….
…we would have the resources to grow our Memphis-area workforce and secure office space….
In 2015, Sedgwick reported $1.58 billion in revenue, according to MBJ’s most recent Top 100 Private Companies List.”
For more information and the source, see: Bolton, J. (2017, February 20). Memphis private co. announces $34M corporate HQ expansion. Memphis Business Journal. Retrieved from http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/news/2017/02/20/memphis-private-co-announces-34m-corporate-hq.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=article_du&ed=2017-02-25&u=7AFEoj9ZpwPZB39vYu49Hw0827bd77&t=1489002870&j=77487631
The Memphis Business Journal reports the Home Depot Inc. “plans to hire 180 employees at Memphis-area stores. … Those interested in applying for positions can do so at careers.homedepot.com.
Spring is Home Depot’s busiest selling season.”
For more information and source, see: Atlanta Business Chronicle Staff. (2017, March 2). Home depot adding 80,000 jobs this spring. See how many Memphis is getting. Memphis Business Journal. Retrieved from http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/news/2017/03/02/home-depot-adding-80-000-jobs-this-spring-see-how.html?ana=e_me_set3&s=newsletter&ed=2017-03-03&u=7AFEoj9ZpwPZB39vYu49Hw0827bd77&t=1488996630&j=77543731
The Memphis Business Journal provides tips to job seekers from a staffing company on how to answer interview questions well.
After answering the traditional question of ““Tell me about yourself””, you can expect normal questions and one to two trickier questions. The way to prepare for these questions is:
- “Do your homework” on the company by finding out as much as you can about it.
- “Prepare to play up your strong points”. This question is designed for you to respond with how well you do the skills you will bring to the job for which you’re interviewing. So be sure to confidently state your technical and soft skills.
- “Keep workplace culture in mind”. For this step, find out about what it’s like working for this company. You can ask the interviewer, ““How do you deal with workplace stress? and Describe your ideal work day.”“
- There are times when you may receive a question you don’t expect, which can be tricky to answer. Employers ask these questions to determine “how you think on your feet.” To answer this tricky question, staffing company president says to “[t]ake your time” in answering this question, but not too long. He also says to, “Show your sense of humor.” This will help you ease into answering the question and it will help “build rapport” with the interviewer. Do not answer this tricky question by saying you don’t know or that the question is stupid. “Be a good sport and play along.” While you’re delivering your answer, remember that you’re still in a “professional environment”. Therefore, be calm when you answer, “speak clearly, maintain positive eye contact, and dare to laugh at yourself.”
For the full article and the source, see: Manciagli, D. (2017, March 7). How to ace common (and curveball) interview questions. Memphis Business Journal. Retrieved from http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/how-to/human-resources/2017/03/how-to-ace-common-and-curveball-interview.html
The Memphis Business Journal says there are ways in which a person can find ideas for his or her business.
Remember that your business “exists … to solve a problem.”
The author states four places a business owner can look to “come up with a new business idea quickly:
- Thing you’re already good at (hobbies/skills)
- Things you’ve done for work
- Things people ask for
- Things you want to learn….
You don’t have to start as an expert. It’s ok if you haven’t done this before. You’ll get better with time – and you can get paid in the process.”
For the full article and the source, see: DiPiazza, D. (2017, March 8). How to find your profitable idea. Memphis Business Journal. Retrieved from http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/how-to/funding/2017/03/how-to-find-your-profitable-idea.html