Why join us?
Barge Waggoner Sumner and Cannon, Inc. is an engineering and architecture services firm consistently ranked in the top 500 engineering firms in the United States. We have been in business for over 60 years and offer a range of architecture and engineering services to diverse market sectors which include industrial, municipal, commercial, and government clients.
Our primary purpose for being in business is ultimately to create a better life by unleashing the potential of our people, clients and communities. This purpose is supported by our company’s core values because at the end of the day, BWSC CARES:
- Collaborate – Help and expect help. Teamwork is essential in what we do.
- Authentic – Honesty, integrity and trust are at the heart of everything we do. We are who we say we are.
- Responsible – We are accountable for our work, our attitude, and our actions. We make BWSC better.
- Excellence – We go all in and expect more of ourselves than others expect of us.
- Service – We are humble. We use our gifts in service of others.
We believe that if we are living out our purpose for being in business and integrating our values into everything we do, we will ultimately achieve our vision to be the firm best known for being selected when it matters most.
What We’re Looking For
BWSC is currently seeking to fill a Natural Resources Project Manager position in the Environment and Water Resources business unit in one of our regional offices.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Serves as natural resources lead working with multidiscipline project team,
- Develops scope and fees and manages project completion with regards to client communication, resource management, budget, schedule and quality requirements,
- Performs wetland delineations, stream assessments, hydrologic determinations, and protected species surveys,
- Prepares Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 404/401 permit applications, natural resources technical reports, and other environmental regulatory compliance documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field such as biology, ecology, environmental science/policy, natural resources planning, geography, or a closely related discipline
- Master’s degrees is preferred
- More than 10 years’ experience in technical writing and field efforts including wetland delineations and stream assessments in the southeast region
- More than 5 years’ experience in project management
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced-collaborative team atmosphere with an established group of surveyors, engineers, scientists, and administrative staff.
Interested applicants should use a resume to apply. A cover letter is optional, but welcome. Apply at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=bargewaggs