Youth Villages is hosting an Interview Day & Hiring Event on Thursday, April 13th from 1pm – 5pm for qualified candidates. Submit an application today to be considered!
Youth Villages has been a national leader in the implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children’s mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 20+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
Youth Villages’ Residential Treatment programs serve children with emotional and behavioral problems. Our residential campuses provide the setting for an intensive treatment program that combines the unique balance of structure and freedom. This enables children and their families to identify, understand and cope with their individual needs and develop the skills necessary to succeed in less restrictive settings. We have three different types of facilities—Intensive Residential Centers, Open Campuses, and Group Homes. Located in Tennessee and Georgia, all of these facilities utilize the Re-Education of Emotionally Disturbed Children therapy model (Re-Ed).
- Teaches the children necessary life skills and provide for their physical daily care.
- Assists in treatment planning for each child.
- Conducts daily documentation such as contact notes, milieu notes, and precautionary notes.
- Participates in client transports to various locations
- Participates in recreation therapy with children.
- Improves children’s behavior through coping skills and other therapeutic interventions.
- Conducts group and 1 on 1 counseling sessions
The TC (Teacher Counselor) schedule runs either Sun-Wed or Wed-Sat
Three weekdays: (M-W or W-F) 2:00pm-10:30pm
One weekend day: 6:30am-10:30pm
Some TCs spend the night once or twice a week on the campus and have additional responsibility for waking the residents and directing them with their morning routine. This schedule also provides counselors with a three day weekend. (Please note: Counselors do not live on the campuses and are responsible for securing their own residencies.) Each campus differs on their schedule structure and rotations and can be discussed further with a specific hiring manager.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Experience working with at-risk youth a major plus
- Experience working with youth is required
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
Experience growth and development through our continuous training, as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement, or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
Retirement Savings Pension Plan
- 403 (b)
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 12 paid sick days per year
- 10 paid holidays
- Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)
Please apply at : https://youthvillages.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=5421083&user_id