Water Resources Staff Engineer
BWSC is currently seeking to fill the position of Staff Engineer in the Environment & Water Resources business unit in Memphis, TN.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Supporting senior engineering staff in the preparation of stormwater and flood reduction projects
- Assist in developing final design plans
- Complete assignments within budget and schedule while working with design teams involving multiple disciplines
- Perform storm water analysis and design for site, roadway and municipal projects from conceptual to final design
- Assists in the development of hydrologic and hydraulic reports for both rural and urban watersheds through the use of HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, and/or SWMM-based models
- Assists in the analysis of reports, maps, and drawings to plan and design projects
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- Engineer in Training certificate is required
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration is a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of engineering experience
- Experience using AutoCAD and/or MicroStation is a plus
- Experience in using SWMM or HEC-RAS software is required
- Experience with ArcGIS is required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret job-related manuals and documents
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Why join us?
Barge Waggoner Sumner and Cannon, Inc. is an engineering and architecture services firm consistently ranked in the top 500 engineering firms in the United States. We have been in business for over 60 years and offer a range of architecture and engineering services to diverse market sectors which include industrial, municipal, commercial, and government clients.
Our primary purpose for being in business is ultimately to create a better life by unleashing the potential of our people, clients and communities. This purpose is supported by our company’s core values because at the end of the day, BWSC CARES:
- Collaborate – Help and expect help. Teamwork is essential in what we do.
- Authentic – Honesty, integrity and trust are at the heart of everything we do. We are who we say we are.
- Responsible – We are accountable for our work, our attitude, and our actions. We make BWSC better.
- Excellence – We go all in and expect more of ourselves than others expect of us.
- Service – We are humble. We use our gifts in service of others.
We believe that if we are living out our purpose for being in business and integrating our values into everything we do, we will ultimately achieve our vision to be the firm best known for being selected when it matters most.