Job Reference: G4S/TP/2746326/90862
Number of Positions:8
Job Category:Security / Protective Services
Contract Type:Full Time
Salary:$400 SIGN ON BONUS
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
G4S Region / Division:North America
G4S Business Unit:US Secure Solutions
$400 Sign-On Bonus*
Do you already have your State of Tennessee Armed Guard License?
G4S is offering full-time & part-time armed positions available on all three shifts.
Apply now! We are offering a $400 bonus for qualified candidates that currently have an active State of Tennessee Armed Guard License.
The world’s leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Custom Protection Officer. G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry-level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
*$400 Sign on Bonus is payable as follows: $200 of bonus is payable after successful completion of on the job training. The remaining $200 of bonus is payable after working on G4S client site for 90 days. Not all G4S sites are eligible for this $400 bonus. $400 bonus offer ends May 31, 2017.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits
- Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
The Ideal Candidate
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Pass a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Service in Military Occupational Specialty related to law enforcement, security (such as Military Police, Elite Military Forces, combat arms) or any support role in a Combat Zone
- Graduate of a Certified Public Safety Academy (military or civilian) in the law enforcement, adult corrections, or firefighter field
- Bachelor’s degree in law enforcement or criminal justice related studies
- A minimum of 8 or more years of active service in any military branch
- Associate’s degree (or 60 credits) or higher in law enforcement or criminal justice with current or prior active military service
- If previously employed, meaningful and verifiable work history
- Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 21 years old or the minimum age required by the State
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
- Upon acceptance of a job offer, must be able to pass the following:
- MMPI – Psychological testing
- Physical exam
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
About The Company
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.