A job seeker can gain new skills in his or her industry. Even for career changers, it is possible for job seekers to learn new skills that are marketable You can achieve the results you want if you’re willing to put forth the time and effort.
Job seekers should try to build new soft skills and technical skills. Soft skills include leadership, collaboration, and teamwork. Technical skills should be in areas relevant to a job seekers industry. For example, if your industry is telecommunications, you would want to learn about software programs by Oracle since it is heavily involved in telecommunications.
One way to understand what your industry requires in terms of soft and technical skills is to read job descriptions at the level at which you hope to work. You can read these job descriptions on a range of employer websites. These job descriptions usually state the technical knowledge required to do the job. After reading these job descriptions, you can figure out ways to learn and work with software on your own. And in terms of soft skills required by the job description, you can practice leadership, collaboration, and teamwork at your current workplace, or if you are not currently in the workforce, you can practice them with friends and family. And when you get that job interview, you can tell the interviewer that you have been learning and practicing these skills. This will show to the interviewer that you enjoy learning and that you take initiative.
Another way to learn of the required soft and technical skills in order to land a job is to network with people in your industry who are working for companies that use these skills. These people usually have up-to-date knowledge about cutting edge skills they can share with you.
Interested job candidates can apply on site at the Sheraton Memphis Downtown Monday-Friday 9am-11am or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Filed under Engineering, Hotels & Hospitality, Housekeeping & Janitorial, Job Listings, JobLINC, Management, Trainer, Manager, Lead, Supervisor, Restaurant, Culinary, Cooking & Food Service, Retail / Sales
Forklift operators are needed!
All three shifts are available
MUST have 2 years experience in Reach/Order Picker/Sit Down/Electric Pallet Jack
MUST have copy of resume & current FLD License
To apply, bring 2 forms of valid, government issued IDs to 2838 Hickory Hill Rd. Suite 9 Memphis TN 38115
For more information please call 901.273.8555
- Secretary/Receptionist (Need computer skills; Email resume to email@example.com)
- Body Shop Estimator/Customer Service, Carey’s Body Shop (Call Michael Vest at 872-4002)
- Greyhound Kennel Team (Call Ray Brownlee at 1-402-213-4318)
- HVAC Techs (Call Mr. Arlow at 406-1453)
- Drivers/Movers, All My Sons, 5454 Summer Ave. (Apply in person or call Benjamin Robb at 248-0548)
- Carpet Cleaning/Repair Tech, A-Mays-N-Carpet, 983 Goodman Road (Need experience, valid driver’s license; Apply in person)
- Landscaping (Need experience; Call Keith at 598-2699)
- Product Tech (Apply in person at 7740 Craft Goodman Road or 8010 Giacosa Place)
- Framers (Call Crosby at 483-3488)
- Movers/Packers, Guardian Moving Systems, 4226 Clarke Road, Memphis (Apply in person or call 386-5400)
Housekeeping / Janitorial
- Janitor (Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- All Positions, Insomnia Cookies, 545 S. Highland Street, Memphis (Apply in person)
- Cook, Stone Soup Café, 993 S. Cooper, Memphis (Apply in person 9 am – 3 pm)
- Prison Foodservice, West Tennessee Workforce Office, 793 Tennessee Street, Bolivar, TN (Apply in person 9 am – 2 pm Thur., June 8)
- Cook, Trolley Stop Market, 704 Madison Ave. (Apply in person after 2 pm)
- Servers/Hosts, O’Charley’s, 6045 Stage Rd., Bartlett, TN (Apply in person)
- Servers/Kitchen Staff, Westy’s, 346 N. Main Street (Apply in person 2 – 5 pm)
- Cook/Server, The Grove Grill, 4550 Poplar Avenue (Apply in person)
- Midwest Block and Brick, 200 Pierce Road, Oakland, TN (Apply in person)
Filed under Clerical & Administrative, Driver, Transportation, General Labor, Housekeeping & Janitorial, Job Listings, JobLINC, Restaurant, Culinary, Cooking & Food Service, Retail / Sales
When: Tuesday, June 13 (12 pm – 7 pm) and Wednesday, June 14 (8 am – 12 pm)
Where: McLane Food Services, 6415 Shelby View Dr., Memphis
Personal care assistant for adult male.
- Part-time, 15-20 hours per week.
- Minimum one-year homecare experience needed.
- Applicant needs own transportation with valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance.
- Basic First Aid/CPR certification required.
Call (901) 348-4507