Job Title: Patrol Supervisor
Role and Responsibilities: To provide direct supervision of armed and unarmed guards and site supervision with minimal direction
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of some posts. Must be available to work any shift/day.
- Coaching, training and encouraging officers to deliver 100% compliance with post orders and Clarion policies and procedures
- Establish a strong working relationship with officers to encourage and ensure teamwork and adherence to Clarion Security’s mission and values
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following :
- To ensure all officers are present at their assigned posts and ready to assume their duties.
- To assure all officers are in proper uniform as assigned by post.
- Ensure all officers are completing their tasks as assigned utilizing all means provided
- Conduct patrols of industrial and commercial premises as needed.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Assume posts when needed to ensure compliance with contracts.
- Utilize all tools given to cover open posts when needed.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities to ensure company management is aware of all issues arising on the posts
- Make every post where emergency vehicles are present. Interact with police and first responders for cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Conduct training as necessary. Conduct refresher training as needed documenting and providing training records to HR.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.
- Conduct investigations as required ensuring Company Management is kept informed of areas of concern.
- Make deliveries as needed.
- Handle vehicle issues such as tire changes and filling with gasoline.
- Ensure all incidents are documented and reports delivered to the Clarion office.
- Develop a complete understanding of the MITC clock in and scheduling system and follow-up on alerts of missed clock ins.
- Ensure compliance and initiate company corrective actions with a verbal warning as needed.
- Review mobiltrac entries for compliance.
- Maintain certification as necessary.
- Maintain current knowledge of all post and general orders.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Interacts with CEO,Operations Manager, HR Manager for updates and instruction.
- Supervises all employees under shift assigned.
- Works indoors and/or outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Normal exposure to noise and disruptions with minimal to moderate levels of stress.
- Exposure to indoor and outdoor dust and dirt.
- Periodically work beyond normal work hours or may be on-call or as needed.
- May be exposed to volatile or hostile members of the public.
- Operating a motor vehicle for a time frame possibly up to the entire working shift.
- Drug tests performed randomly every 90 days.
- Armed training update every two years.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED required.
- State licensing training.
- State required training in use of acceptable Firearms and BiAnnual refresher certification class.
- Annual Active Shooter Class
Criminal Background Check
- Must successfully undergo an extensive criminal background check
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
- Must be able to hear, speak and understand the English language in an understandable manner in order to carry out essential functions of job.
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess ability to function independently, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with employees, co-workers and others.
• Must possess ability to maintain confidentiality in regard to client information, employee information, and records.
• Must possess a valid state ID or Drivers License for the state in which the employee resides.
• Must possess technical knowledge of safety and properly utilizing firearms and other weapons.
• Must possess some knowledge of court procedures, warrants and arrest procedures and the ability to relate same to job duties as required.
• Must be able to make observations necessary to reasonably determine if an individual is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
• Must be able to read office forms and small print.
• Must be able to recognize a person previously known based on physical characteristics and facial features from a distance of 30 — 100 feet.
• Must have the technical knowledge to operate all post under their supervision.
• Must be able to communicate through email or other electronic systems as required.
• Must be able to operate and train others on all electronic systems as required.
• Occasional Lifting up to 50 lbs
• Frequent and/or extended standing/walking
• Occasional carrying up to 20 lbs
• Occasional bending, stooping
• Occasional squatting
• Occasional twisting
• Occasional climbing of stairs
• Frequent driving a motor vehicle
• Ability to understand the function of the company vehicles, check vehicle maintenance items, and provide minimal maintenance such as checking the oil, airing or changing tires and gassing up the vehicles as needed. This includes Golf Carts (gas and electric) and Motor Vehicles.
- Supervision: 2 years
- Armed Security experience – 1 year minimum
Required licenses or certifications:
- Armed Security Registration from the State of TN
- Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- High school or equivalent
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Memphis, TN
Salary: Minimum $12.00 /hour
Apply online at http://www.clarionsecurity.com/