June 19, 2017
Shelby County Road Department Will Pick Up Storm Debris in Unincorporated Areas
Starting temporarily this week, residents in the unincorporated neighborhoods of Shelby County can place tree debris from the recent storm at the street for removal.
“We know people have been very inconvenienced by last month’s storm. Based on the amount of roadside debris piled up along the roadways, we wanted our public works crews to be of assistance,” said Shelby County Mayor Mark H. Luttrell, Jr.
Limbs can be no longer than eight (8) feet.
Unincorporated area residents can call the Shelby County Roads and Bridges Department directly at (901) 222-7705 for tree debris removal, not associated with a contractor’s work.
“Hired contractors are to haul away tree limbs they cut. We also will not pick up any household trash or construction debris. This special pickup is for non-contracted tree debris only,” says Tom Needham, Director of Shelby County Public Works.
Needham says it may take several weeks before limbs can be removed. “We’re asking people to be patient with us. There’s a lot of work to be done,” added Needham.
- Private-duty caregiver/personal assistant for adult male.
Part-time, 15-20 hours per week.
Applicant needs own transportation with valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance.
Basic First Aid/CPR certification required.
Call (901) 348 -4507
- Administrative Assistant (Need HS Diploma or GED, computer experience; Call Cheryl or Jerry at 854-2212 ext. 901)
- Vet Tech/Receptionist/Kennel Assistant, Cordova Animal Hospital, 7995 Fischer Steel Rd., Cordova (Apply in person)
- HVAC Crew (Call Jay at 299-9566)
- Glass/Window Installer (Apply in person at 1683 Shelby Oaks Drive North)
- Farm Hand (Apply in person at 2301 South Third Street or call 774-4011)
- Mechanic, Flag City Auto Plaza, 7265 Hwy. 51 North, Millington (Call 275-9520 or apply in person)
- Ewing Moving and Storage, 4006 Air Park St. (Apply in person or call 774-2197)
- Technical Service Rep, Ready Mix Concrete (Call Charles at 1-601-292-3906)
- Forklift Operators, Kenco Logistics (Call 1-662-851-0238 ext. 6006)
- Locksmith Techs, Noble Locks (Call Stacy at 1-937-476-9768)
- Auto Restoration (Call Mike at 1-662-209-6357)
- Landscape Labor, Greentech (Call 377-2021)
- Movers/Drivers, Two Men and a Truck, 3560 Sky Harbor Cove (Apply in person)
- Laborers, Midwest Block and Brick, 200 Pierce Road, Oakland, TN (Apply in person)
TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES
- Warehouse, Kelly Services, 1769 Paragon Place, Suite 112, Memphis (Apply in person Mon. – Wed., 9 am – 3 pm)
- Pickers/Packers/Warehouse, Talent Force, 2899 South Mendenhall Road, Suite 1 (Apply in person, ask for Jeff)
- Warehouse, Provide Staff, 6765 Shelby Drive, Memphis (Apply in person)
- All Positions, Labor Finders, 1682 N. Shelby Oaks Drive, Suite 14, Memphis (Apply in person)
- Warehouse, Abacus Staffing, 230 Goodman Rd. E., Bldg 2, Suite 101, Southaven, MS (Apply in person or call 1-662-470-5846)
- Forklift/Warehouse, Surge Staffing, 6094 Apple Tree Drive, Suite 9, Memphis (Apply in person)
- Warehouse/Forklift/Leads/Clerks/Supervisor, Staff Line, 2838 Hickory Hill Rd., Suite 9, Memphis (Apply in person with two forms of ID)
- All Positions, Integrity Staffing, 6685 Quince Rd., #124, Memphis (Apply in person 8 am – 4:30 pm)
- Warehouse/Forklift, PRIDESTAFF, 4515 Poplar Ave., Memphis, TN (Apply in person Mon.)
- Forklift/Pickers/Packers/Sorters, Direct Labor Solutions, 8878 Hacks Cross, Olive Branch, MS (Apply in person)
- Warehouse, A-One Staffing, 3639 New Getwell Road, Suite 1, Memphis (Need experience; Apply Tues. or Thur, 1 – 3 pm)
- Forklift, Exel, 228 Access Dr., Southaven, MS (Apply in person)
- Forklift Drivers, Paramount Staffing (Apply in person Tues. – Fri. at 5888 Distribution Dr., Memphis)
- Pickers/Verifiers, PSP Solutions, 8705B Northwest Dr., #10, Southaven, MS (Need two forms of ID; Apply in person 9 am – 1 pm)
- Material Handlers/Pickers/Forklift/Operators, Axcess Staffing Services, 6073 Mt. Moriah Road Ext., Suite 19, Memphis (Apply in person 9:30 am – 2 pm)
- Warehouse, PSC Staffing, 3731 South Mendenhall, Memphis TN (Apply in person Mon. & Tue. from 9 – 11 am)
- Certified Forklift Operators, All-In-A-Day Temp Services, 3360 Goodman Rd., Southaven, MS (Need experience, certificate; Apply in person with resume)
- Forklift, Working Solutions, 6064 Apple Tree Dr., Ste. 11, Memphis, TN (Apply in person)
- Warehouse/Forklift Driver/Operator, Swift Staffing, 2857 Kirby Parkway, Suite 109, Memphis, TN (Need HS Diploma or GED, experience; Apply in person)
- Warehouse, Staffline, 2838 Hickory Hill Rd. Suite 9 Memphis TN (Apply in person)
HOUSEKEEPING / JANITORIAL
- Housekeeper/Janitorial, St. Moritz, 5205 Airways (Apply in person)
- Cashiers, Sharks Fish and Chicken, 1551 North Missouri Street, West Memphis, AR (Apply in person)
- Servers/Bartenders, Hog and Hominy, 707 West Brookhaven Cir., Memphis (Apply in person)
- Hostess/Server/Cook, The Bar-B-Q Shop, 1782 Madison Avenue, Memphis (Apply in person)
- Cooks/Dishwashers, Cracker Barrel, Lakeland, TN (Apply in person)
- Delivery Drivers, Bardog, 73 Monroe (Apply in person)
- Cooks, Memphis Country Club, 600 Goodwyn Street (Apply in person)
- Server, Belmont Village Senior Living, 6605 Quail Hollow Rd. (Apply in person)
- Package Handlers, FedEx, 8505 Nail Road, Olive Branch (Apply in person Mondays at 5 pm)
- Warehouse, Peoplelink, Olive Branch (Call 877-323-5627)
- Sales, Landers, 78 E. Goodman Rd., Southaven, MS (Apply in person)
- Sales, Cort (Need experience or college degree; Call Jason at 365-2560)
- Sales (Call Jamie at 335-6747)
Job Title: Resource Dispatch Operator – 4 openings in Fire Services
- Job Type: Part-Time
- Salary: $24.00 hourly
- Closing date: 6/22/2017
- Location: Memphis, TN
- Job number: 2017-00178
Works under the general supervision of a Watch Commander or other assigned supervisor in the Communications Service Center of Fire Services. Operates a telephone switchboard system, Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TTY/TDD) system, computer-aided dispatch (CAD) system, paging system, video monitor and receiver, and radio console to provide fire dispatcher services and information to the public. Assists Registered Nurse Operator with calls that have been triaged as non-emergent by Emergency Medical Dispatchers. Calls local resources to arrange for alternate care and set up appointments and transportation for non-emergent callers. Assists field providers with finding resources for patients that have called 911 but do not require treatment at an emergency room. Provides important information to Fire Services personnel and members of the public and maintains/updates various lists and electronic files to disseminate accurate and timely information as required upon request. Perform multiple, routine and complex dispatch task simultaneously. Responds calmly and effectively in emergency and stressful situations. Develops speed and accuracy in performing job duties and responsibilities, including operating radio consoles computer terminals and associate communication equipment. Promotes communication and coordinates work in a team environment with co-workers, other agencies department and the public, exercising strong customer service and group dynamic skills.
Job Title: Fire Alarm Operator I
- Job Type: Civil Service
- Salary: $34,664.76 annually
- Closing date: 7/17/2017
- Location: Memphis, TN
- Job number: 2017-00177
Works under the general supervision of a Watch Commander or other assigned supervisor in the Communications Service Center of Fire Services. Operates a telephone switchboard system, Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TTY/TDD) system, computer-aided dispatch (CAD) system, paging system, video monitor and receiver, and radio console to provide fire dispatcher services and information to the public. Receives calls, records information, and documents the nature of the call, location and time of call, description of emergency, and the name and phone number of the caller. Evaluates incoming requests, emergencies, and/or complaints to determine and employ appropriate responses and actions. Researches geographical information to assist responding Fire Services employees in identifying the correct locations of reported incidents. Asks scripted Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) questions based on type of emergency and advises caller of appropriate medical actions to take until medical personnel arrive on the scene. Advises Fire Service personnel and the general public of Memphis Fire Department’s procedures, resources, and legal restrictions and dispatches appropriate personnel to incidents by radio transmission. Monitors and responds to radio transmissions to maintain current status of Fire Services personnel. Provides important information to Fire Services personnel and members of the public and maintains/updates various lists and electronic files to disseminate accurate and timely information as required upon request.
Apply online by going to https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/memphistn