The Family Safety Center of Memphis and Shelby County, Inc. is a non-profit organization located in Memphis, TN, whose purpose is to effectively combine civil, criminal, health and social services in order to help victims of family violence. We are seeking a Bi-Lingual Navigator fluent in English and Spanish who is highly motivated to assist clients and process their individualized needs through the various services provided with partner agencies. This position will report to the Director of Client Services and will be an integral part of the growth of the organization. This is a grant funded position.
Job Title: Bi-Lingual Navigator
Reports To: Director of Program Operations
Positions Supervised: None
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Hours: 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday – Friday
Other as required
Job Summary: Assists clients in accessing services from on-site partners that accommodate the individual needs of the client. Performs intake procedures to efficiently and effectively process clients through the organization. Provides consultation, case management and information, completes administrative records, performs client follow-up, assists with and participates in professional development activities and client community outreach.
- Provides welcome and trauma-informed assessments, referral and follow-up.
- Welcomes clients and their families, assuring that the delivery of service is client centered and seamless.
- Works with volunteers to provide light refreshments and rest during the delivery of service.
- Assure that children receive child care while the client is receiving services.
- Coordinates schedules for appointments with partner agencies and clients; assists with follow-up for missed appointments.
- Provides and secures information from partner agencies based on client needs.
- Assists partners with client information and makes referrals to community agencies when appropriate.
- Assists clients with completing application for social service assistance, i.e., rent, utility, medication, clothing, transportation and victim’s compensation.
- Provides consultation and case management.
- Consults with appropriate staff and partner agencies regarding client needs and problems.
- Completes the Danger Assessment and Safety Planning intake.
- Assists in consultation and education services to other agencies and organizations.
- Completes all administrative records pertaining to clients and caseload assignments.
- Establishes and maintains client records and complies with all requirements related to documentation of services rendered.
- Completes clients statistical documentation/reports by established deadlines.
- Prepares and submits proper summaries and reports to other agencies and professionals promptly and in accordance with confidentiality protocols.
- Assists with and participates in professional development activities and client and community outreach.
- Assists with the organization, preparation and provision of professional development activities for the organization and other professionals.
- Assists with the development and delivery of programs and activities promoting client outreach.
- Performs other duties as assigned.